1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeffries +/-

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jevon3012, Feb 25, 2010.

1. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

First, I wanna say I'm not a big fan of using +/- to judge players but I do think it is an interesting stat that tells some stories about the game.

One thing I had heard about Jeffries before he was a Rocket was that he had one of the worst +/- numbers in the league. So I looked his +/- for his first few games with the Rockets.

2-20 vs Pacers : DNP
    2-21 vs Hornets : -9, lowest on the team
    2-24 vs Magic: -21, lowest on the team

This is obviously a very small sample but the numbers so far confirm what I have heard. I really like Jeffries and I thought he would be a good fit for Houston even before the trade and I think his play has shown that. Still, I don't see how his +/- numbers are so bad when he has played fairly well. By comparison, David Andersen had a +2 against the Magic in the same number of minutes.

2. amaru

amaru Member

More minutes and thus more chances to miss layups and be out of position on defense?

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

ding ding ding we have a winner!

The guy was working hard, just wasn't all that successful imho.

4. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

I don't understand what you mean. I said he had the same number of minutes as David Andersen.

5. 523744

523744 Member

+/- is overrated Andersen was just on the court during the Rockets runs (not that he contributed much to them) and jefferies was on the court with the bench getting blown out (not that it was his fault)

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

DA does have the effect of stretching out the paint which allows better finishing. Pretty much all he was good for.

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9DxBwQIOKeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9DxBwQIOKeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hlJlqjWzwM0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hlJlqjWzwM0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

man she's kinda cute but that Knicks fan part of her kills it.

I'll take DD's videos over her anytime. She's loony if she thinks the Knicks are going to get what they want from T-mac's expiring contract. Thought I love the eye patch gag, hilarious.

I'm not going to lie though, she's right on the money about layups. Now we have the league's worst three point shooter with Ariza and the leagues worst lay up shooter in Jeffries... oh oh and we're the shortest team in the NBA...

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

The guy played on the Knicks. He has no offense. And he played 20mpg.

You can think of Jeffries as Chuck Hayes. He has skills to help the team. But he's not a guy you can just send out there and expect things to work out. Very flawed player but also can contribute.

The only reason people hate on the guy is because NY stupidly paid him I believe MLE money. So he's kind of like Jerone James,except with a lot better attitude.

11. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

....I just got a boner. ;)

Can we trade DD for her? ;)

#11 tmoney1101, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

dd and her should make a show!

13. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

Are you kidding me? this girl is real... she doesnt puff up Corey Maggette all day. I think she knows her ish and she actually is funny without trying so hard. No offense DD... but I would much rather watch her videos for very obvious reasons.

14. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

YES!

throw in a few draft picks

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I'm not kidding. I don't want to hear a knicks fan all day long. Doesn't matter what they look like.

16. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

4th the motion

17. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

This girl clearly only watches Knicks basketball because she doesn't know about the phenom that is Brian Cook.

18. The Word

The Word Member

I accept your heartfelt sorry.

19. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

She does know Eddy Curry and that pretty much sums things up there.

And I 5th the motion to trade her for DD. Fun videos, especially the smiley faces and she actually has a camera person to film her.

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Jeffries' net +/- with the Knicks was +5.2

Only Gallinari was better than him

Can you at least tell us where you heard this misinformation??