1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeffries has already won me over...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets018, Feb 21, 2010.

Tags:
  1. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. If I could rep you, I WOULD. SOMEBODY PLEASE REP THIS GUY FOR ME!

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

No need, I have plenty of rep.

1 person likes this.
  3. BarkleyHater84

I always kinda like JJ. Yes, he is horribly overpaid, but aren't half the guys in the NBA? Don't look at his cap number and just watch him play. He fits with this team just alright. Hard working, scrappy and a good-character guy. Welcome home JJ.

4. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

He played well today (aside from a couple of missed layups and freethrows), BUT I am still in the skeptics boat.

Yes he did rebound well today, very active on the boards. But in 28 mpg with NY, he was averaging around 4 rpg.

He was very active on defense. NOT sold on him playing center as he seemed more of a weakside interior defender.

Looks like a Ronny Turiaf type. Nice energy guy off the bench. Nothing more.

5. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

We have a winner!!!

Just watch him play and remember we got a draft pick for taking him.

6. choujie

choujie Member

He is a dump. A salary dump.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iBgP44KEf3Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iBgP44KEf3Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  8. BarkleyHater84

Sure. But let's just see how much defense get's played by the Bricks this year outside of David Lee. Like I said, he is horribly overpaid, but half of the guys in the NBA are....

9. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

We are getting killed inside and teams know it too. They let teams have lay-up drills on them and having no Yao is only an excuse, but not a good enough excuse. Every game i've seen, teams are not scared or affriad to attack the basket at all. We let them do it is what makes it even worst. A guy like Jeffries stands out on our team being a good defender. He has a role off the bench as just that a combo forward, but he is not worth the contract i agree.
    We left just matching the scoreboard to win games, but we are not playing any team defense at all.

10. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Dallas/Cleveland.... everyone has struggled with the new trade. Give the new squad some time to gell... or delete your account and do something else with your time.

11. Summer Song Giver

Carlos Rogersesque?

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Right. He's already contributed more to the team than Brian Cook. Really. And he'll contribute more later depending on how serious the team is about advancing.

Pretty much.

#72 Shroopy2, Feb 21, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  13. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Not much of a consolation when you are being compared to Cook. :grin:

JJ is just a throw-in. I doubt he will be with the team next year.

14. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

Yeah I kept hearing that chick on the youtube video saying he can't make lay-ups. I counted two missed layups but he did bother West and Omeka around the basket they could shoot over him the way they do Chuck.

15. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Right now you are Clyde Drexler...

So the next little green thing you get should be Hakeem- A living legend?

16. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Correct this is why i said tonight was a winnable game, but tonight and the minutes given indicated trying to tank by just throwing people out there instead of the follow through of what got them almost into the playoff picture. Their roles could have been easily emplamented into the game plan and maybe it will next game before adjusting back into the normal rotation. Some times you have to see what players can do and what they know in a backetball iq sence and maybe it was to give additional rest to the other guys for working their tales off before going down the stretch who knows, but it appears like a tanking strategy.

17. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

i liked jeffries when he was with the wizards. 6-11 guy who played sf. i remember he has range all the way to the 3pt line. unfortunately, it seems he regressed when isaiah snatched him away to NY with that big contract.

18. FreeBallinBlog

Good call dude, I was saying this last week. Course I'm in NYC so I've had the advantage of seeing him a lot - frequently as the only guy on the court playing defense.

He's actually not bad on offense, either; he just can't score. That's not a small thing of course. Specifically, he's one of those really tall and pretty athletic guys who just can't finish at the rim. He's shooting under 50% in the paint this year. However, he's a very good passer out of the high post, and sets excellent picks. As long as you have good scorers at other positions while he's on the floor, he contribute on that end.

And yeah, his defense is excellent. Well, it's very good. He's not quite elite at guarding any one spot, but since he does a good or better job at 3 positions very well and can do a pretty good job against some centers and even some point guards, that versatility almost kinda sorta makes him elite.

You guys might remember that the Rockets were really high on him in the draft - and Prince and Stoudemire too, as I recall. Who'd they take instead that year? Oh gee, Boki. Can you imagine, Prince on the Rockets - on the cheap, too.

Anyway, yeah, Jeffries is good stuff at any price below $3.5 m

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

Remember when the Mo Taylor won the Rockets over after that one preseason game? That was hilarious.

20. Raw Texas

Raw Texas Member

This dude is garbage and gets paid way to much... Morey better find a good sign and trade this offseason.