1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff, with regard to the Brown re-election campaign

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Relativist, Nov 10, 2001.

1. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I wanted to let you know that two of my friends at Rice received campaign mail and were upset with the emphasis placed on their ethnicity. One is Korean and the other is Indian, and both remarked about a little picture of a young ethnically dressed girl/boy. Both being born and raised in the States, they didn't like being typecast by their ethnic background. The Korean friend also said it was in Korean which she doesn't read. Another friend (Chinese American) specifically decided not to vote for Brown for that reason.

Anyway, it's the only response I've heard to anything regarding the campaign. Thought you might be interested. Obviously, my friends may not represent the majority of those persons whom the mail was sent to. Perhaps those who are foreign-born reacted differently. I don't think the issue with the campaign literature was necessarily the best reason to vote/not vote for Brown, but whatever. Maybe other people on the BBS have input about the campaign.