1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff Van Gundy VS Howard Stern

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Joe-House, Apr 8, 2014.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Yea, but appearance wise their polar opposites! It just shows that you really can't read a book by it's cover!

2. awc713

awc713 Member

i thought this was david stern when i first read it. kind of wish it was david stern

3. Victorious

Victorious Member

Wow you couldn't have made a more wrong and unfair comparison. Not sure why you needed to tell us that Kim K was banging rappers but ok. The Kardashians were born into money and made it big from a sex tape. Howard came from nothing in Roosevelt, NY and became a major success in radio. Radio, where there is no money to be made. Not many people were successful as Howard with their radio career. He helped shape talk radio/podcast to what is it today.

Obviously I'm not going to change your opinion you made of him after the couple things you heard/seen from Howard but you are off base here. His interviews with guest go way more in depth than than any TV talk show where it's a promotion fest.

Howard is just being Howard. He'll go off on anyone who talks negatively about him, thats the shtick. He's not even a sports fan like that. Is anyone really shocked that a millionaire celebrity left the game early? I'm pretty sure they were comp tickets anyway. Love both these guys svc would love to hear JVG on Stern.

1 person likes this.
  4. SuraGotMadHops

Celebrity Death Match used to take care of things like these.

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope JVG comes on the stern show to retort.

But this is just typical temper tan-truming buy Stern. He get's but hurt and likes to go off on these types of things. Agree or disagree, it's still fairly entertaining at times.

One of my favorite moments was when he was about to go on a tirade about some media executive because he heard he discredited stern...but then before Howard got too far into it Bababooey came in and said it was a different person but with the same name.

6. pippsux

pippsux Member

I see jvg on stern, he would be perfect on the show. Stern has a habit of this, been a fan for a while, it is an unofficial invite, that's all.

7. wise_man

wise_man Member

Who da hell even listens to that moron stern show anyway. ......

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stern probably is doing it for an act. But it isn't really funny, nor is it all that entertaining except to briefly note that he's a jackass.

It just doesn't pass for interesting.

9. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I don't care what he has accomplished to be honest he still comes off as a di*k

10. gambingo

gambingo Member

Just did a quick youtube search on Stern and wow....i don't remember seeing he had so many Hollywood celebrity guests on his show in the past. What happened to Beatlejuice, the skanks, and all those disgusting guests on his show?

11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

He's grown older and pretty much quit the old schtick. He told FlaFlaFloFli to start getting better guests on the shows and his interviews are at an all time high. I really enjoyed his interview with Letterman at his birthday show. He truly knows how to get anything and everything out of every guest, stuff you cannot get on TV. He is by far the best at interviewing people while making it entertaining.

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

People with something else to do in their life. If I pay for or am given tickets to a sporting event but have something else to do later I shouldn't go enjoy the majority of the game?

I agree with Stern's point. Don't tell me how to be a fan or enjoy my entertainment.

13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Because you have time in your schedule and choose to spend it watching live basketball?

14. reliableman

reliableman Member

He makes a living doing it. I understand it's not for everybody. Lots of people have made a name for themselves by being a**holes. For example: Rush Limbaugh, Geraldo Rivera(and everybody else on Fox News), Stephen Colbert, Dennis Rodman, everybody in Guns N Roses...it goes on and on.
    Stern is a really smart guy and one hell of an entertainer. As evidenced by our discussion here, he knows how to get people's attention and that's all he needs to do to be successful.

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I say this with Peace and Love... its all a bit, from both parties.

16. houtown

houtown Member

I always though Jeff Van Gundy was an overrated coach. Stern on the otherhand, I respect tremendously. I think he has a point on Van Gundy not being #1 and not having what it takes to manage a championship team.. I always thought he wasn't a good coach for Yao, Tmac, and that Rockets team at the time. It kind of confirmed it for me, and I'm glad Howard brought it up on a national setting. I do appreciate Jeff as a color commentator though. I think he is very good at calling games.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You're giving Stern too much credit. You'd think anyone who truly knows about JVG and his career would also know he'd land a job ASAP, if he wanted one, but Stern didn't know the latter, why? Because he doesn't know the former either. He probably just asked someone else about him and found out he's never won a ring, so he made the assumption that JVG doesn't have what it takes. It's a poor assumption to make, whether it's right or wrong.

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I can't wait to here JVG's next broadcast.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Highly doubt it. JVG might call in to the show or something, but I doubt anything was planned. Howard just got on a rant and kept going.

20. CertifiedTroll

What a queen..