1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeff Van Gundy VS Howard Stern

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Joe-House, Apr 8, 2014.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Wow, Jeff Van Gundy has another Stern going after him! <a href="http://t.co/qH0FuqVwGh">http://t.co/qH0FuqVwGh</a> I can confirm that JVG is NOT a douche bag</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/453769412995084290">April 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

A house actually, I just don't care enough to find out who Howard Stern is and from what I heard talking about JVG in his radio show, I've heard enough to know he is an unpleasant person.

And why are you so offended that i don't know who this talking head is anyway.

3. reliableman

reliableman Member

Stern as been one of the most famous radio personalities of the last 30 years. I guess that doesn't mean much these days but he was at one point, in the words of John Lennon, "more popular than Jesus."

4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Even though Howard Stern is 6'5, I'd take JVG in a fight. Howard ain't about dat life.

[​IMG]

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Didn't sound that serious based on the audio clips Stern played...totally blew it out of proportion...if Stern doesn't know JVG has been turning down jobs, then he clearly doesn't know a lot about him and wouldn't understand where he's coming from.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Whole bunch of people in this thread don't know anything about how great Howard Stern is.

7. downbytheriver

Yes, everyone, Howard Stern has to rush back to his studio and ask the next obscure playmate what she's put in her *******. He's a busy man. I wonder if he feels the same about playoff games?? Reg season games are boring... I have long been a proponent of changing it to 60 games.

8. downbytheriver

Stern is a lowest common denominator type of person. Scummy and kardashian like. JVG is a purist and a bball guru. 2 conflicting personalities, I'll side with JVG.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You should listen to his interviews sometime. He is the best interviewer out there.

1 person likes this.
  10. downbytheriver

And don't give me the but he works hard excuse. Kardashians also worked hard to sleep with every rapper and athlete out there on video to get their name out. Not easy to take that much pounding from so many guys then pretend it never happened. Don't want to sit courtside the entire game? Don't get courtside seats. Don't really see where having a life comes into showing some humility for a team.

11. downbytheriver

He's on Sirius isn't he? I have listened to one of his interviews. He went into great depths to illustrate he was the greatest pervert out there and constantly asked questions related to his sexual neurosises. I imagine that guys like you can relate to that and find it godlike, but many others find it degenerative behavior in adults who haven't evolved past middle school.

1 person likes this.
  12. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

PREACH!
    He is the greatest entertainer. Ever.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He had a great interview with Dan Rather this week. Dan Rather is a well know sexual deviant and overall shady guy.

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

6'5 1/2 barefoot after a long day back near his college years. Shaq said the dude was at least 6'7 but moreso as tall or taller than Magic.

15. tksense

tksense Member

I think stern is a very skilled talker. Isn't this war entertaining?

I say if the two protagonists meet in person, it'll be pretty civil, as van gundy will likely explain or sidesteps his no front row seat comment, and stern will leave those insults out in person.

For the Nth time, if you accept that both are talking and entertaining audiences during a a job performance, where they will tend to exaggerate any slight emotion into full on blast, whereas in real life or in other environments they probably would filter out irrational impulses.

That said, Stern's insults are overboard, it seems he's insecure. Pretty funny stuff tho, he knows he's entertaining.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

isn't jvg the #1 color commentator out there today :confused:

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Kissing dicks for social media coverage. Hope this era ends in my lifetime.

18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Word. Too funny reading all of these comments in this thread. We need a Waaaaaaaahbulance for down by the river, stat! Or a tissue.

I found the rant a little bit funny yesterday, and those of you who think he's serious clearly don't know his "skits" or his trolling skills. It's all an act for radio, and I dig it every day.

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

^^^
    [​IMG]

Mark Twain:
    " It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog"...:eek:

20. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

maybe this is all a set-up to an interview in the next week or so?

i would love to hear stern interview jvg...those two have very similar personalities - smart, quick witted, sarcastic, opinionated, self-depreciating...and say what you will about the guy, but howard stern very well might be the best interviewer in any media form. it would be very entertaining!