1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff Van Gundy Says NBA Tried to Hurt His Career for Criticizing Referees

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Apr 28, 2014.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Dammit Jeff, STFU man!!!! McHale is as good as gone!! Chill. You may be next up in line.

2. wise_man

wise_man Member

My only dream to see u back as houston coach.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I want a JVG to be the Rockets coach again but I would be paranoid all the refs would be out to get him since he seems to call them out in every game he calls.

4. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

i dont want to see JVG ugly ball grindout 80 pt games ever again.

5. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Our team could use JVG's fundamentals. We'll still score PLENTY, and this team could badly use good coaching and fundamentals.

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

FIXED

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I feel that if JVG were to coach again, and if he coached the Rockets, we would get no calls at all.

8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

[​IMG]

DUDE LOST 100K CRITICIZING THE OFFICIALS

NVR FORGIT

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Van Gundy is not a journalist. He works for NBA's business partner and he's part of the mechanism that shapes and sells NBA's TV product. If NBA tried to influence Zach Lowe or Woj or some other journalist / reporter / blogger, that would be a problem. But it's entirely reasonable for the NBA to try to shape how their games are broadcast, including commentary. That's how TV partnerships work. Every single televized league from the most irrelevant like the American Ultimate Disc League to the NFL works with its broadcast partners on how to best sell their product.

If Van Gundy doesn't like it, tough luck. He took the job and I suspect he's well paid for it. If he wants to be a journalist, he should go be a journalist. If he wants to make a bunch of money by being part of NBA's TV business, then he has no one to blame. Him going out and blasting the NBA like this is unprofessional, to be honest.

10. egriffin1

egriffin1 Member

Love and respect for JVG and SVG. I think the way they call it the way it is refreshing and the league hates it.
    The truth hurts like a b**** and looks like the league is going pink!!!

11. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I like JVG but I don't think he wants to coach the guy that got his brother fired.

12. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

I love JVG. Easily my favorite NBA announcer. Keep doing your thing Jeff.

13. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

I want SVG as headcoach and JVG as defensive coordinator. I would also like to trade for Perkin's expiring contract next year and make a run at Love that summer.