1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff Van Gundy picks Rockets to win the title

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

As a Bay Area resident, I refuse to listen to 95.7 The Game precisely because of Ric Bucher. IMO, he is the worst type of sports personality around. Zero objectivity and total partiality when it comes to promoting the major market media propaganda machine. I was shocked when ESPN parted ways with him a year ago.

His obvious disdain for all things Houston only adds to my deep hatred of him.

JVG is as true and loyal as they come. He's a consummate professional and I hope he retires a Rocket. :grin:

2. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Say hello to Patrick Beverly.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

JVG is such a Rockets homer.

4. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

JVG is freaking awesome.

The way he stood up for Yao during the Dallas series was epic. I think that might stand as the largest fine a coach has ever paid. Not sure about that, but it was really hefty.

5. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

6. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Love to have a beer with JVG and just talk about videogames with him.

7. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

This city of Houston had JVG back, fans were willing to donate to help pay for his ridiculous fine.

8. conquistador#11

would love to sit down with jvg and talk rice baseball with him ^^

agreed. we winning the championship like if it was 93-94 again. Going to buy some STARTER rockets gear to match my trapper keeper.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

[​IMG]

Thankfully ESPN has removed that guy from my television. Some of these guys are unbearable, it is clear they hold a bias and follow 5 teams at most. Chris Broussard is next.

Also I do think JVG does have a bias, but he doesn't let that get in the way of things. So if Utah was having a good year JVG would say it, even though it is clear he's a Houston guy...if the Rockets are doing bad he'll just say it. He roots for the Rockets but he doesn't let his bias get in the way of things.

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I like how Shaq got the Kings in playoffs lol! The new owner has hope at least!

11. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I think this is perhaps what it is all about. Please "no". I like Jeff as an announcer and he seems like a nice guy but he was such a downer and looked almost equally tormented whether we won or loss. Sports should have its fun moments. I suspect his wife and kids would say "no" also.

I don't expect the Rockets to be champions this year. Just be in the WCF and even the Finals. Worst case scenario they lose in a close series to the West team that goes to the Finals.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

shaq wants to develop Cousins into a legit 19 and 10 guy or 20 and 12

13. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

I love Jeff Van Gundy. And I don't think there's an ulterior motive to his comments. We have a pretty effin good team! It's just hard for some to believe.

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

For the first time that JVG has hyped up the Rockets, we probably are actually worth the hype. :)

Also, for those clamoring to see him return, I think it's very possible. McHale regardless of success might simply retire due to age and fatigue. And it's clear that Morey likes the VG brothers.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

lol @ that particular JVG statement.

[​IMG]

16. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Didn't he pick us a few years ago? When Yao was coming back from injury

17. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Kenny Smith finally giving us love!

18. Rox23

Rox23 Member

OMG.

If JVG was coach, and, with this group of great defenders--wow, opposing teams wouldn't score 50 points. McHale commands more respect but JVG is an absolute mastermind and a better coach.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Rox will win it all....not one, not two, not three.....

DD

20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

^^^^

four???..:eek:..:p