1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff Van Gundy --- bring him back or not?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketLover01, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Reading this guy's (RocketLover01) threads is like looking at a car wreck; you know you need to turn away but you just can't help but stare.

RocketLover01,

Van Gundy will be with the Rockets longer than you will be here on the BBS.

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Fire RocketLover01!II
    Fire RocketLover01!III
    Fire RocketLover01!IV

3. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Van Gundy should be back next year. If we are lucky on aquisitions and health, he will be loved, because we can be contenders if healthy. I did not support his hiring, but he is consistent-good defense and fundamentals-we can win with JVG and healthy players.

I now support Van Gundy and will treat him with more respect than many here have treated Rudy.

I am a Rockets team fan first.

4. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

I have no real problems with JVG, except that I feel that he doesn't want to/can't work with players to make them the best they can. If he doesn't have the players who know how to play his style, he still makes them play that system even if they would be supremely effective in a different type of system. I'm not saying change the system up for 1 player, but not every player can adapt to certain systems quickly/well.

I feel that Yao could be even more deadly if he went to around ~15 feet to shoot or to pass from the top. I feel that Stromile, obvioulsy, would be more effective if he plays along side Yao and spaces out the floor with that J of his.

Luther Head should be learning how to play point becaus that will really help this team out down the line, moreso than him being a SG.

Either that, or we play a 4 - 1 offense where everyone camps on the perimiter and lets Yao Ming abuse the other team down low, if Yao gets doubled at all, there's at least 1 open man. With some crisp passing and good shooting, we would kill every (almost) team.

I just hope we are a great team next season. I just have a feeling are lacking the role players, not the superstars, to be a great team.

5. gasnapalm

gasnapalm Member

I thought we already signed him to a 3-year extension last season?

Anyway, This topic is really like beating a dead horse. leave it to the rookie posters to bring it up again :rolleyes: JVG style basketball is the type that wins you playoff games and thats what it ultimately comes down to. Theres alot of hate towards him right now because of how the season has turned out, but you can't honestly say that if this team had been just a little luckier with it's injuries that our season would have the same results. The record we have when both T-max and yao are playing should speak for itself. With that said, I would love to replace JVG if there were some better options out there,because I think he has his faults(bowen infatuation and reluctancy to adapt), so JVG is staying so better learn to like him fair weather fans

6. thetennisyao

thetennisyao Member

we've got the wrong van gundy, bring STAN!!! :D