1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff Luhnow & A.J. Hinch appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by J.R., Jan 13, 2020.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Jeff how much is the team worth ?

ok , now how much is it worth if we trade for these 3 prospects , what about these 3 ? How would that impact our future ... uh earnings ?

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

There will be tons of teams throwing crazy money at Luhnow once the suspension is over. He knows how to run a club.

texans1095 and raining threes like this.
  3. HTown2017Champs

Hinch too.

And if Luhnow ends up with the Mets (not the #1 team in NYC, but still a big-market East Coast team) it'll make me furious, and show that what is a LEAGUE-wide problem (even if our system was more advanced), was specifically making the Astros a scapegoat, and MLB wants to sacrifice smaller market teams for their big market teams, and has favorites. Crane's recent comments on "we took a bullet for everyone else" made me happy. Hope eventually more people speak up about other teams. Took Fiers 2 years to do so, so there is hope.

arkoe likes this.
  4. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Other players have spoken up... and been brushed aside. See Logan Morrison.

msn and HTown2017Champs like this.
  5. HTown2017Champs

I know. Even had to delete his insta post (or maybe he deleted it himself?) but he took a lot of heat for that. Jack McDowell of the LaRussa era White Sox has spoken out numerous times about his team's use of a telescope to steal signs, yet people ignore him too. Still, the more who speak, the better. Eventually if someone has first-hand evidence of THEIR (then-)team doing it you'd think they have to take a look.

6. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

If Lunhow goes to New York then all is forgiven for him I suppose while my city and team still suffer

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  7. msn

msn Member

MLB doing everything they can to kill my waning interest in their product.

The Astros will always hold a special place very deep in my heart, but I find baseball in a lot of places other than MLB.

8. raining threes

Your city and team are suffering?

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Should have kept them both. **** MLB.

10. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Yes. I hate the way they treat the Astros.

msn likes this.
  11. raining threes

I guess we have different personalities.

I'm a screw what other people think kind of guy.

Kiss the the ring.

12. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I am still bitter about MLB's actions (or lack of thereof) with the open roof World Series, the Cubs game in Milwaukee, and the Cardinals corporate espionage

13. msn

msn Member

You forgot forcing us to switch leagues, and about 80% of what Bud Selig did. I can't even remember all the slights: it was like every other day we were pissed off at that guy. My sig used to be: Pucker up, Bud Selig (_|_)

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

From what I've seen the Astros didn't have a sign for fastball such that when the can wasn't beat...the players didn't know if it was a fastball or because system didn't crack the sign. Systems that actually had a way of signalling fastball may have been beneficial. In other words, while a part of the Astros system was advanced, I'm guessing the part of transmitting the signals being primitive may be the reason why the Astros didn't really benefit.

15. SuraGotMadHops

Luhnow and Hinch will be hired by other clubs, they will have success, and nobody will give a damn about what happened in Houston. Crane firing these two will turn out to be a fatal mistake for this organization. Fatal.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  16. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wasn't ARod one of the holier than thou folks when the story first broke (despite his own history)?

arkoe, awc713 and msn like this.
  17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Nobody will give a damn on what THOSE TWO did in Houston. Plenty of dumbasses will still give a damn on what the Houston Astros did.

Manfred is hated by Astros fans for scapegoating, manfred is hated by mlb fans cause he didnt "do enough" and suspend Astros players, manfred is just a hated man. A person in charge that cant seem to get anything right.

msn and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  18. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

I do not think Luhnow will ever work in baseball again. No team will want to take on the baggage that would come with hiring him, fair or not. And for Luhnow’s part, there are too many other interesting things he is qualified to do outside of baseball, so it’s probably not worth it for him to put in the time to earn redemption. Hinch will likely be a manager again within 3 years.

19. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

If AROD can be an owner, not sure Luhnow's baggage matters.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He's had most of his success in baseball... without having invested his entire life in it like some execs have.

If he wants to take over another team, there will be plenty of opportunities to do so.

If baseball wants to give him a lifetime ban then they'd be better off not calling it a one-year suspension.