1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by prodigy08, Dec 23, 2019.

1. BigBum

BigBum Member

Mclemore 500k guarentee
    Hart 708k guar
    Clark 708k Guar

who to be waived?

exceed 15 rosters and 450k under luxury tax line

2. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

wave those unused players such as big dick.

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

But Big Dick Nene and Gerald Green are absolutely necessary if we're going to be able to trade for anyone at all.

D-rock and RudyTBag like this.
  4. vator

vator Contributing Member

Attention Daryl Morey!

Please don’t waste James Harden’s prime. Long term thinking needs to go out the window for the time being. The time is now.

Are we really not going to try to sign Uncle Jeff to a vet minimum? I’m baffled! This is beyond me! These 7 man rotations simply aren’t going to cut it.

We’ve already seen how this movie plays out. Refused to play Trez in the playoffs. Last year refused to play Faried. Haven’t seen anything from Chandler or Thabo to suggest they deserve rotation minutes when it matters and we all know Gary Clark probably won’t play. Hartenstein you say? Lmao!

Don’t get me wrong, I wish they were all great off the bench. Not trying to be negative, just realistic.

Murray do something!

#144 vator, Dec 28, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    D-rock likes this.
  5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Exactly every championship team has at least a reasonable sized PF that helps their center.

Draymond and Bogut
    Thompson and Love
    Ibaka and Gasol
    Splitter and Duncan
    Birdman and Bosh

We should know Hakeem and Thorpe/Horry.

Gotta stop acting like this is not relevant because it is. Tucker is a SF at best.

6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

damn shame we dont appear to be going after him.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Warriors best lineups had Iguodala as PF and Draymond at C, often starting the game with Draymond at C.

In the playoffs, I don’t want anyone but PJ at PF. We win that matchup 100% of the time.

I would however like a more Ariza’ish type at SF.

clutchdabear likes this.
  8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

This guy would never crack the rotation. Time for him to go to China

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah and that’s fine but when they needed it they could go to Bogut and Green combo. That’s another issue the Rockets have always wishing upon a F’n star trying to be like another organization when they don’t have the best shooters ever or 4 to 5 superstars and all stars mixed. Tucker at the 4 is good when we are able to expose a matchup that benefits us but when we get killed in the paint with penetration to the basket and we are not long enough to consistently defend we are in trouble more often than not.

saleem and CVcrew like this.
  10. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Just out of curiosity, how much money could be saved by the Rockets waiting to sign Jeff Green to a vet min contract?

My guess is DM wants to make a trade that gets rid of more salary than is brought in and then they will look to sign Green. What impact could the timing of things happening have on the Rockets paying the luxury tax?

D-rock and joshuaao like this.