1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by prodigy08, Dec 23, 2019.

1. ilias

ilias Member

This. He can help us replicate the small ball lineups of 2017-18. Really really hope we can get him. I'm not saying he 'll turn us into title favourites, but he fills our needs like almost no other available players can.

D-rock and pr0wler like this.
  2. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Everyone is eager to get a player that can spell PJ at the 4, one who is taller than 6’6”...

D-rock, pr0wler and snowconeman22 like this.
  3. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Do Jazz fans always stay seated after a highlight?

D-rock likes this.
  5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It would cost us his 2.5 million dollar contract if it’s waivers. If he clears waivers that’s a different option contract wise.

D-rock and MrButtocks like this.
  6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Will Tillman be too cheap for him is the question.

7. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Just because someone is released, doesn’t mean they can’t help another team. Jeff Green is a role player that cannot create his own shot. Playing alongside James Harden and Russell Westbrook with the defensive gravity they command in a Mike D’Antoni offense would get him more high-quality looks than he’s ever seen in his career. It’s certainly worth the gamble, just like Faried and Rivers were last season.

8. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Luxury tax will prevail regardless

9. Nook

Nook Member

He is very inconsistent. His effort is poor a lot of the time. He is inefficient (although he can hit corner 3’s). He comes to play hard every 4th game and supposedly his family is a pain in the ass.

He does have good size, can get out in transition and pass a little.

J Sizzle likes this.
  10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I like the IDEA of a Jeff green just as much as anybody

However , I’m not sure Jeff green is who we think he is . I would LOOOVE a 3 and D forward that could spell pj and Clint .

He doesn’t look like he’s a great 3 point shooter . Go look at his stats . It’s not pretty. When you break it down by shot type he’s an OK shooter in the corner . He had excellent years there in 12-15 , but was trash 15-18 . He recovered the last couple of seasons to OK (slightly above average)

I have no idea about his D

He could work out , he might make shots at a higher clip if harden and Russ get some chemistry with him.

I’d definitely roll the dice on him . I wonder if he will take 2 10 days with the chance to play himself into a full contract ?

Rocks92 likes this.
  11. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

For the love of god please come here. That is a need for us and I think he can thrive here

D-rock and PeterKingX like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

He won't make it to the Rockets. I can see a bottom team picking him up like OKC...

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. vator

vator Contributing Member

I was just thinking this. Somebody may claim him. His contract isn’t that big. For example, Portland could use him.

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

If he makes it to us what are the chances we can pass and no one else will pick him up ?

Would you guys claim him ?

16. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I haven’t really seen him play in awhile but I’m pretty sure he’s better than Thabo. As long as he plays solid D and knocks down open shots he’ll thrive here.

D-rock likes this.
  17. JackLordsHair66

I don’t think he clears waivers or makes it to us, but think he’s a better option than Clarke tbh.

18. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

I agree with Portland much more the OKC, but get the point if for any reason he clears IMO we are likely competing with the Lakers and maybe Bucks for him.

Also for those who are questioning the reason to sign him, it's because he's a cheap and a player that could outperform his contract right up Morey's alley (sorry ;). IMO he can take the place of the person whose last in shooting and scoring efficiency this season that plays 10 minutes a game to say the least.

D-rock likes this.
  19. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I wonder what the salary tax implications would be if the Rockets pick him up on waivers. Probably not worth bugging Bima on Christmas Eve though. We can ask him when it happens.

D-rock likes this.
  20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I thought he was a minimum contract with Utah. My bad.