1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff Bzdelik back with Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 5, 2018.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

That's a very good trade by Morey -- Jeff Bzdelik for Carmelo Anthony. What does the trade machine say (+/- wins)?

TheRedRanger, RyanB, J Sizzle and 5 others like this.
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I'm very happy that his family situation has worked itself out that the man can return to work. Basketball is a passion for these guys so you know he's excited to be on his way back.

saleem and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I don't know, but it give me the excuse to post @topfive's graphic again.

[​IMG]

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

We have all grown to love and appreciate Jeff Bzdelik.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's like he never left....wait...

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I wished he could teach Offense as well, that way MDA is the real puppet master.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Great news. With Melo out and Clark/Bzdelik in, we will be (at worst) a top 12 defensive team the rest of the way (unless we make a good trade).

Who is going to fix the offense though? New guy Ennis is shooting better than Ariza did and the rest of the starters + 6th man are same as last season. We desperately need to take some pressure off Harden, specifically his hamstring. Can't have him going playoff-level intensity on a naggy hamstring.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Bzdelik and Tucker

T H I C C Connection!

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Maybe... just maybe... the lack of locker room tension will help.

Not saying Melo has been an a-hole in the locker room, because all indications are that he's been great. But when you have a former stud trying to come to terms with his current limitations while everyone else is trying to win games, that's a recipe for bad soup.

11. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Really good to see Jeff back. He and Mike D nearly orchestrated one of the biggest upsets in nba history if it weren’t for dumb luck. I’m still hanging on to hope that Morey can make a trade that can help the team make at least one more run at the Warriors. I think Ennis and Clark will improve tremendously under Jeff’s tutelage.

Now it’s on Morey to solidify the team by the trade deadline.

DonKnock, RyanB and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Totally agree, especially when Paul has to play mediator (between Morey and Melo) and co-captain (with Harden) while respecting the coach, and while Clark knows Melo wants his minutes without merit. Plus, I am sure Harden is getting flash backs of Dwight.

Harmony is underrated.

The other thing that's underrated: Harden-led teams always underachieve when they're given respect, and always overachieve when they get disrespected. Right now with our record in the dumpster and everyone sh*tting on the Rockets about Melo - he will ramp it up, I'm certain. A common external enemy aids harmony too.

hakeem94 and RyanB like this.
  13. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

Melo is such a drain on team chemistry that the leaders of the team are reaching out to get him to come back. Harden having flashbacks of Howard so much he went ahead and asked Melo to come back..... You guys are hilarious just make stuff up to make stuff up.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

So you're really trying to claim that the events of the last week have had absolutely NO effect on the other players?

Nobody is claiming that the guys hate Melo or that he's divided the locker room. But saying all this nonsense doesn't cause problems regardless is overly optimistic.

15. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

There is a big difference from being a cancer and bring them team down Howard and just not fitting on the court Melo. If this was a Howard situation then other players wouldn't be reaching out to Melo to get him to come back.

16. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Nice of you to selectively pick coach's words but forget them here. Coach said Melo has been great as backup 4. That means, no issues with fit.

The only problem with fit is that this situation doesn't fit with his vision for himself. Which is a problem Melo is creating for himself out of thin air.

17. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

Like you said FIT goes both ways.

Clearly Melo's role is changing with the emergence of Clark so he maybe not even getting minutes as backup 4 going forward. MDA has every right to change the rotations based on what he thinks is best for the team. If Melo doesn't want to play in his new role then he will asked to be released and try and find a place were he can play the role he wants.

I dont think Melo cares about his role he just wants a role a consistent role where he will get steady minutes. He doesn't want a Gerald Green role where minutes are random. He isn't that kind of players and never has been.

If MDA is changing his role to something Melo doesn't want then it is best for both parties to split.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

I completely agree. But even if you're not causing problems, your very presence can.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

didnt he say he will do anything that is in the interest of the team?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  20. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

If your presence is causing problems, you're causing problems.