1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JB Bickerstaff's strong words after the Pelicans game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 26, 2015.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

:momentum slowly shifts against Howard:

2. DreamEarlNolan

Is there something telling in Beverley's quote in the article?

Remember earlier in the year when he and Terry made the remark about this not being the same team as last year? Could there be trouble behind the scenes with Lawson or Thornton? Maybe he is referring to Harden or Howard distancing themselves from the rest of the team? I know Harden seems to be the popular choice on these boards as the issue, but it seems to me he has been playing much better on both ends of the court over the last several weeks and his been a big part of the Rockets better overall play. Whatever or whoever the problem is I hope the Rockets can find a way to fix it.

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I'm a bit late to the threas, but sounds like he is calling out Tracy Murray

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is Harden not trusting his teammates, and Howard pouting because he is not getting the ball.

DD

5. houtown

houtown Member

Organizations can't possibly just have good players and expect to win, you have to have the managerial skills to manage them while on the team. Morey seems to be great at acquiring talent, but has not been able to manage that talent into becoming something special, which seems to rely a lot on the coach and what takes part mainly behind the scenes.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden has to work on his shot a lot more or pass the ball but continuing to jack those threes - its like he thinks he is a god. I swear the guy need humility in a bad way. If you are going to be that cocky you better represent and right now he is more allen iverson than kobe byrant.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Interesting he says "the core" of the team...

I agree. Maybe he's calling out Thornton or Lawson. I don't know. Don't really care. Just hope they get it together. Shocking how fast the Rockets manage to swing the mood. Just beat the Spurs on Christmas and now this nonsense...

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The core bit is very interesting. I mean who would he consider the core? I'm guessing everyone who was here last year

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yup. Sounds to me like Lawson/Thornton got pissed in the locker room or something. That's my guess.

But who really knows, and who even cares? These are grown men. They'll either figure it out or they'll continue to embarrass themselves losing to teams obviously inferior to them. It's up to them.

10. DaDakota

Honestly, it may be time for someone to punch someone in that locker room.

Sometimes a good ass whupping brings a team together.....

DD

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Blah, blah blah, Blame the players blah blah. He is just as much if not more to blame than the players. Rockets won't change until we get a real coach. We replaced a players coach with the players friend who runs the same system as Mchale did. Gee wonder how that could go wrong, lol.

12. bmd

bmd Member

Lawson and Thornton have both been benched recently...

13. Exiled

Exiled Member

Best thing McHale ever did when he benched the entire starters last year against NOP

14. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

If JB is blaming Lawson after playing solid over the past 2 games then Rox are definitely in trouble..Lawson not playing his best YET but it's like night and day post suspension. When I think of core that sounds like Howard/Harden and/or possibly last years core group as a whole

15. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

In the month of December he's shooting 39.6% on threes. That's one of the most efficient things we are doing offensively.

He was 5 for 11 tonight (45.5%).

I'll take those percentages any day.

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Patrick Beverley needs to take one for the team and punch Khloe Kardashian.

17. DaDakota

Someone needs to step up in there - and hold other accountable.....

I put my money on Bev or Thornton.

DD

18. ibm

ibm Member

have you taken into account those possessions where he dribbles air out of the ball and passes to a rocket when there's 3 seconds left on the shot clock? those plays usually end up with a forced, horrible shot by ariza or someone else, virtually a turnover a lot of times.

this is a big reason why his individual #'s look good but in fact he isnt playing that well.

in other words (some other cf's have said this too), fool's gold...

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Its horse****. He's deflecting, and instead of saying 'damn its on my, I couldn't draw up a decent play in 4 of the last 5 possessions and that cost us the game .. I need to do better' you know the usual coachspeak BS.

Instead he wants to throw people under the bus and try to look tough and blah blah blah

Bickerstaff is the main issue with this team.

20. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

The fact of the matter is, there is a good side to this team and a bad side... and this team ALWAYS finds a way to turn into the bad side at the worst possible time.

I hate it. I hate everything about it. This team doesn't know what it wants. It's full of "pretend" winners. They say they care. They say they want to change, and win, and blah blah blah. They dont.

This isn't a winning team. If they TRULY want to win, they need guys with something to prove, and willing to do whatever it takes to prove it. Most of these guys aren't willing to try to prove anything, except that they are selfish, and foolish.