1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JB Bickerstaff's strong words after the Pelicans game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 26, 2015.

1. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

We have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. I would be surprised if he isn't talking to players face to face off the court. It's been documented that he and Morey have spoken with Harden and Howard individually. I'm pretty sure he is insinuating it is Harden. As you say the other players are so inept which suggests their overall impact is negligible in comparison to Harden. I hope even you can agree that Harden can play better. If he does and buys in the sky is the limit.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Feigen:
    So, look at the final 8 mins and who was playing then..
    http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20151226&game=HOUNOR

3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I guess you can say, he finally bickered ;)

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Let's hypothetically say he's talking about James for a second. He says shot selection wasn't an issue but priorities are. That doesn't make sense. So let's assume Hardens priorities are to score points to make his #s look good or whatever. He would obviously need to shoot the ball in order to score points correct? So James shots were okay to take but he shouldn't be trying to score points? Am I the only one confused by JBs quote? Unless of course he isn't talking about James then it's different.

5. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I hope JB is also including himself in that statement....

I am not understanding his rotation at all... We needed scoring and you insert Terry off a back to back night instead of Thornton??

That is just one of many questionable moves....

T_Man

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You forgot about the defensive side of the ball.

As in, "Shot selection isn't an issue, but the priority is to win, and that requires defense as a core issue." I don't mean to disagree with you and say your apt point is wrong. Just mean, you can be right about this isn't all about Harden, yet JBB can still be including Harden in the "core issues" rant.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I wonder if guys are worried about their brand or their next CONTRACT a bit too much.

That is a downfall of having everyone expiring trying to get their numbers.

DD

1 person likes this.
  8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Oh I agree with you I would be willing to bet JB is definitely including Harden in his rant as well as other players. My main point was for the people that were saying JB was talking about Harden and his ISOs it just doesn't add up based on the quote from JB. Hopefully JB will get through to these guys

9. nnayak

nnayak Member

Yes, especially Terrance Jones. When was the last time he passed? I see him stealing rebounds, throwing up garbage shots, etc. I wonder if his agent is in his head.

Everything would be so much better with some smarter lineups. Play Jones with Lawson and Capella, where he can be the finisher off a Lawson/Capella PnR. Play Dmo with Howard. Interior passing is the way to get the ball to Dwight and keep him happy. The team certainly has mental issues, but smarter lineups that have balance will help a lot. Way too often JB is throwing out lineups that are missing a critical skill, rebounding, playmaking, rim protection, etc.

10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Amost half of a season has over, JB's rotation is still changing every game!!!

EVERY GAME!!!!

Players even don't know whether they will play tonight before game started...

JB is an idiot coach, where his strong words on his time-out calling?

1 person likes this.
  11. nnayak

nnayak Member

Seriously! How can the team develop chemistry?

Allowing multiple 10 point runs without a timeout on the ROAD is disgraceful. But then I thought to myself, well maybe he is saving them for the end of the game? Nope. Nothing against JB personally, but he is way too inexperienced to lead a team like this. Les and Morey are wasting a season.

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Le$ already gave up this team months ago.
    He let McHale's assistant play this team like his toy for the rest of season.

So please do not hope too much for this team! And do not spend one penny on the garbage.

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Thorton will be scared that if he made a mistake on court, JB would lock him in doghouse over 3 games... lol

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Oh please. Do you really have to take that cheap shot, DD? Where are you going to go next time? "John Stockton-i-tis?" After all, Harden essentially plays point a great deal of the time. "Karl Malone-i-tis?" He plays the 4 from time to time as well. Hey, let's find a kitchen sink somewhere and toss that at him. Surely someone has a spare kitchen sink sitting in their backyard that they can loan to you. Can't throw it? Too heavy? Get a Barbie sink from Toys-R-Us. They don't weigh very much.

Geez.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'm starting to get ignore list-itis

1 person likes this.
  16. MistaK

MistaK Member

Please, stop it already!! Just look at the interviews after wins. You will hear him say things like ''we played with great energy'', ''we played great defense'' and SURPRISE you will even hear him say things like '' player x had a great game''.

Never have I heard him say '' we won because of me'' or ''I willed this team to a win tonight'' etc.

1 person likes this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

BUMP Strong words
    If you felt that way . . . YANK SOMEONE
    Put their asses on the bench
    COACH!!!!

Rocket River

18. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Rocket River for coach....

he has my vote...

T_Man

19. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Anyone who thinks Bickerstaff is only calling out Harden and Howard (maybe perhaps a few other players) should also remember that Harden is not solely 100% at fault here. Morey is a stats and numbers guy, it's only natural for Harden to always think of his stats.

That being said I hope Harden starts to play like his near MVP performance last year.. He needs to be called out and be held accountable or else he's going to start drifting towards Melo-status... and this Rockets team doesn't need a franchise player like that.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...assessment-about-them-disrespecting-the-game/