1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JB Bickerstaff's strong words after the Pelicans game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 26, 2015.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Holding players accountable should have been done from the very beginning. That is the biggest problem with the team.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I was watching the Pelicans feed, and even they mentioned he did that like 4 times

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Exactly, I cannot believe a teammate hasn't become visually upset at this yet. It's extremely selfish!!! I would throw the ball at his head if he were on my team, I don't care about his status or whatever. I doubt J.B. is telling Harden anything behind closed doors.

4. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

He does this at least 4-5 times a game I reckon. A fair way to pad his assist stats as well.

5. Newlin

Newlin Member

Actions speak louder than words.

6. rockets13champs

I applaud JB for doing that

7. Mr. Clutch

Bye, JB.

I remember when Larry Smith came in and tried to reel in Francis-Mobley when he was interim head coach, and he didn't last long.

It's all about incentives. JB wants to have a coaching career and has to prove he can make a difference.

8. Karolik

Karolik Member

he's done this for 2 years now...how is any of this a surprise?

9. Mr. Clutch

He didn't do it last year

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

So Dwight shows absolutely no effort last night buts it's all Hardnes fault?

11. bmd

bmd Member

Harden has always passed the ball off with a couple seconds if he can't get a shot.

I can remember people complaining about that back when Jeremy Lin was on the team.

12. Mr. Clutch

OK but last year he almost always got a good shot or created a good opportunity.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

He's clearly calling out McHale.

1 person likes this.
  14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

If the Rockets played better, they would have won. Don't understand your point.

Teams also get criticized when they barely win against mediocre/bad competition.

The Rockets have problems with both their best players, so we don't know which he is talking about. Harden can club and party all he wants if we win. I have no problem with that. Dwight needs to not let others dictate his own effort. Howard is no leader either and has more flaws than James.

15. Garner

Garner Member

At least we fired McHale

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol as if you ARENT hand picking the stats that make him look bad?

Assist/ to ratio? Really

How about this. Hardens assist to turnover ratio last year was better than curry or lebrons is this year. And hardens wasn't that great last year, better than what it is now, but not great.

So curry and lebron shouldn't have the ball so much then, right?

17. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Lol but last year he would pass it to Josh Smith, who wanted to shoot it anyway :grin:

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Who also wasn't much of a coach.

Rockets are going cheap this year. Hopefully they'll get a coach during the summer who'll put a foot up Harden's ass. JB acts like he wants to, but his "interim" status doesn't put much iron on that boot.

19. csc177

csc177 Member

A message has to be sent somehow. If you bench ur best player u lose, so I don't know what the solution is.

The only way to get through to someone like Harden is with someone he respects. He played unbelievably hard for Thibs and Coach K for team USA. I don't know what to say anymore. True NBA stars shouldn't have to be motivated to play the right way all the time.

What a underwhelming season. You would think that an MVP snub would motivate this guy! The fame, 200m contract didn't help.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Actually next time Harden passes the ball after the dribbling the air out of it for 20s and with 2-3s left the guy receiving it should fumble it resulting in a Harden turnover

Maybe if he has more 12 turnover games , Harden will learn not to do that ****