1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JB Bickerstaff's strong words after the Pelicans game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 26, 2015.

1. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Sounds like he's calling out one or more people for too much partying

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Harden goes to teeny bopper clubs after a game. What the hell is he doing at these teenage clubs? 300 million is not enough? Does he need club promo money? I'm tired seeing Harden on my Instagram feed.

3. ibm

ibm Member

fair enough.

just got a call and have to head to asia next week. will do my own count when i come back in early january. could be a little interesting experiment.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Read malakas' post for the real numbers, aelliot kinda handpicked to make Harden look better.

5. houtown

houtown Member

If Dwight possibly had better one on one post moves, I think he might get more shots during the game. Otherwise, it is possibly an ego trip on his end, and he might not be honest with himself at the moment.

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Endgame offense was.So ugly with everything going to harden again. But the pnr defense, where was Capela or DMo? Howard.couldn't.hedge and contain Davis at the same time. Who was supposed to rotate?

I thought he could have tried marcus or Jones to defend tyreke who was carving us up. My God, we're back to playing stupid.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

JB said he benched MC because Jet was doing so well and had to get him PT...not an issue with MC.

Guys..I seriously doubt JB is stressing out over someone he can just bench easily..and has.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Those numbers Malakas posted didn't make Harden look bad at all.

Considering the company he's with Walker, Westbrook, Paul, Wall and Rondo. All it says is that Harden is the PG of this team which everyone knows any ways.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Those other guys are real PGs that know how to set up plays and involve their teammates. Also look up their TO/AST ratios and you'll see that Harden shouldn't handle the ball as much as these guys and is not in their category by any means.

You don't understand these stats if you think being top in these categories is necessarily good or that the other guys being there means he's as good as them.

The stats added with things like TO/AST ratio and other stats show that he shouldn't have the ball in his hands nearly as much as he does right now, nothing good to see there.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Can you please stop talking about things you know absolutely nothing about?

Just because "real PGs" spend more time looking for other people, rather than score on their own, doesn't mean they are more valuable. As I have already responded in DaDakota's rambling threads, Harden is right in the middle of the pack in terms of taking care of the ball.

Turnover %
    Walker 12.0%
    Paul 13.0%
    Harden 15.3%
    Westbrook 16.5%
    Wall 19.0%
    Rondo 21%

No, you don't understand these stats. Assist / TO ratio is about as useful as PER or FG%, ie worthless. Most, if not all stats, show Harden is should have the ball more than anyone else on the team.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You completely handpick your stats to make Harden look way better than he is, it shows in every post. Only your picked stats are good, all other stats people come up with are useless, right?

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Some teams don't have the ball in the hands of a guard (see: James, Lebron), some teams don't play any of their pgs 30 minutes (see Popovich, Gregg and Budenholzer, Mike)

#192 Aleron, Dec 27, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A shooting guard's job description does not say ball hog each possession.

I get that he is a good ball handler but he isn't stellar yet not immune to turnovers

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No, these handpicked stats were picked to destroy the constantly re-occuring and utterly idiotic idea that AST / TO ratio is relevant in any way shape or form. It isn't, its not, and the only thing it illustrates is your ignorance on the topic in general.

You can pick any stat you want, but you are going to end up looking like a dolt, as long as you think we should take the ball out of far and away our best player, a top 3-7 player in the league, and put it in someone else's. It's just not even close statistically. But by all means, keep pushing the narrative, I am sure it will work out for you.

If you are insistent are pointing fingers at one issue, why don't you take a look at the combined rebounding total of all four of our bigs combined (I'll save you some time - 21....TWENTY ONE REBOUNDS COMBINED FOR OUR TWO CENTERS AND TWO POWER FORWARDS IN 89 MINUTES OF PLAY.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Keep ignoring Harden's horrible deficiencies and defend him with your handpicked stats, you're seriously the biggest Harden homer on this board and completely delusional of him being the most flawed superstar in the league.

I'm not insisting on only blaming Harden and acknowledge the other problems this team has, but you keep acting like Harden is someone he has clearly proven not to be and you dismiss every stat by posting a picked stat. This is not debunking anything other people say, it's just posting a different stat that may or not be useful or out of context.

Same with you handpicking four disconnected offensive stats without any context to show that Harden was "way better" and meaningful than Hakeem on offense, it just shows how desperately you're trying to make Harden look like someone he isn't.

And I'm not even beginning to talk about your usage of +/- in attempts to assess defense and offense of certain players, funny you talk about worthless stats here.

16. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I despise the way the league popularized going to your star player in the last 5 minutes. It clearly doesn't with for us this year. James years past used to attack the basket in late game situations unlike now, it's either a extremely low % shot or dribbling until 1.7 and pass off. That play where he passed to corner, got it back, dribbled some more, lost it, last second attempt to save to Ariza turnover was so pretty!

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Everytime a statement like this comes out we pretend we don't know who its aimed at. For the 10th+ time lets stop acting like there is some collective demon on this team nobody can pinpoint.

The ball starts and stops with Harden and Howard. These two clowns , especially Harden, play like they don't give a ****. The same crowd brings it up every other game while the naysayers continue to ignore his piss poor effort after he tries one game and then decides to sit the next 3 out.

So sick of this bull****, for one you can't single him out even though everyone knows it's him, but on the other hand he continues to play with this demeanor.

18. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Clearly called out Harden. So obvious. No one on the team even comes close to fitting that description.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Of course he fits it.

And it matches up to what cyberx was saying that many players are upset at how Harden is playing.

A random advanced stat won't change that

20. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

The next time Harden throws a pass to a teammate with 2 seconds left on the clock, they should throw it back at him so he gets to ruin his FG% even more.