1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JB a damn fool!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Clutch the Bear is the PF the Rockets need.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Jb needs to hold a resignation press conference.

3. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

BRING BACK TURBO!

4. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Its not JBs fault he sucks, its Morey fault that we have a coach that sucks....he dropped the ball completely here, and either went with name, or someone who says yes to him no matter what. But it seems it was cuz of the name cuz i think morey wouldve demanded brew get frickin benched by now.Terry still playing too? my goodness how do coaches get tricked by one game like theyve never watched basketball before

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

There's a verb missing somewhere.

6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

players-meetings are so stupid because ultimately, the coaches are the ones who are responsible in instilling action and if the coach can't do that, then he's lost the players already. In this case, none of the players respect the coach enough to play with effort for them.

If JB or any of his assistants are still here for the next season, we aren't going anywhere. You can tell by the tweets and leaks that many players on this team can't wait to get off this sinking ship.

7. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I hear ya...Great Start to list Bullet Points...should keep this thread ACTIVE :cool:

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Fire Bickerstaff and hire Thibodeau. That is the only hope.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Don't know if there is a better place to put this, but JB was on Charlie's show this afternoon (a bit late, but give him credit for even showing... versus a certain GM). Anyway, I immediately got mad when he tried to excuse the performance as "just a bad game". I was so mad, I turned off the radio.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Well he already called them out in december, did more harm than good because the media just runs with it.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Oh, he pulled the James Harden "It's just one game, we'll be alright." trick? :p

<iframe allowfullscreen width="600" height="150" scrolling="no" src="https://media.iheart.com/player/embed.html?autoStart=false&useFullScreen=true&mid=26826492&siteid=589&share=http://www.sports790.com/media/play/jb-bickerstaff-31716-26826492/" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" ></iframe>

http://www.sports790.com/onair/the-pallilog-1133/jb-bickerstaff-on-the-drive-home-14505640/

Disappointing performance last night. How do you explain it at this point in this season?

Because we've been playing better, hopefully it was just one of those nights. When you play as many games as our guys have played, you have those nights where for whatever reason you can't get your mojo going. Ton of games, they come quickly at you. We've been playing really good as of late so I won't overreact to the one game. We need to prepare ourselves as we did today for a game tomorrow.

Umm...you were off. They played the night before. You're playing too many games was the reason the players couldn't get it up last night?

That's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying there are times in the season for whatever reason where you have one of those nights. Our guys have been playing hard and really well over the past 5/6 games. Some nights, it doesn't go your way. Our first 2 quarters last night weren't good enough defensively. No excuse for that. No rhyme or reason, not good enough flat out. Again, if it becomes a pattern, then I'll react. We've beaten good teams on the road. We went to Boston & Toronto, we played good basketball. I won't overreact to the one night performance. I trust our guys will come back and be ready to go tomorrow and understand the significance of all the games we have coming up and they'll give their all. They won't lay down or quit or give in. We won't overreact to the moment.

You beat Toronto & Boston. From a fan perspective, fair that it's that much more frustrating that there hasn't been the consistent quality play given what you have demonstrated?

No doubt about it. I understand the sentiment. We are frustrated. No one is pleased with us being 34-34. What I can say is, there's been improvement. Those wins are signs of improvement. We have to continue down that path. At this moment, the focus needs to be on getting better every single day, better at practice & film and earning a playoff spot and moving forward. Last night's game was frustrating. Our guys felt that today when we watched film. We understand that. It has been frustrating but we need to focus on the process of getting better. You want to win games in that moment but you have learning moments/opportunities. You hate to lose but you hope in a loss you can learn something from it and it doesn't happen again. Since the break when we've had discussions about the team we want to be, how we plan on getting there, we've had more nights where we've been good Rockets than bad Rockets.

Players-only meeting.

Communication & resolution of the problems we may been having. The obvious problem has been first quarters. We've talked at ad-nauseam with our group. We gotta be better in the first quarters. If you're always playing catch up, shots become more difficult, each mistake on defense is more magnified. We need to put ourselves in better positions from the jump. We have to do whatever it takes to do that.

Analytics & eye ball test, anything contributing to the slow starts?

If you look at, as we do, the turnover numbers in the first quarter are higher than throughout the rest of the game and defensive FG% is higher than the rest of the game. If you're turning the ball over, that leads to easier shot for your opponents, they're getting out on the break in odd-man situations(offense's favor) and putting more pressure on your rim which leads to fouls and those type of things. That's where it starts. Us being more sound with the ball to give our halfcourt defense a chance to work.

How do you defend the CP3 pick-&-roll?

With Chris Paul, you have to make him a scorer, as odd as it sounds. You can't have nights where he has big scoring nights AND big assist nights. Last night, he had double figures in both which means he's doing a heck of a job for himself AND getting his teammates involved. He'll take big shots in big moments but hates to exhaust shots. He won't take all the open shots; he'll turn some down because he's looking to create for his teammates. We didn't do a good enough job last night in limiting him in one of those categories. We allowed him to do both.

4 spot - contemplating changes?

We'll give DMo the opportunity to get his feet wet and reach the level we know he can play at. Having Michael off the bench who can give you a double-double is rare. The ability to have him on the floor when James is off gives you a scoring punch most teams don't have from their bench. He's well suited & comfortable in his role. His niche may grow as the season winds down but we're trying to give and want to give a guy we believe in and can fit with that starting unit because of all the intangibles & little things to get comfortable in that role and earn more minutes.

34-34 with 14 to play. Do you feel like you better finish over .500 to deserve to be there and in the end, will need to be over .500 to be there?

I think we need to. I think we will. It's ,again, you want to be playing good basketball. You don't want anything handed to you. If it takes .500 to get in, then you've done enough to get in and deserve to get in. The league is a tough league, a competitive league. People aren't walking into the playoffs. You have to earn that spot and win more games than other teams below you. Utah is a good young team. Dallas is a good team. Portland is a good team. To be fighting for the spot we're fighting for, when you get in, you deserve to get in. You've worked for it. It may not be the perfect scenario. It may not be the scenario everyone dreamed at the beginning of the year but whatever it was, you did enough to get in and something your guys should be proud of.

#31 J.R., Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

"If you look at, as we do, the turnover numbers are higher than throughout the rest of the game and defensive FG% is higher than the rest of the game. If you're turning the ball over, that leads to easier shot for your opponents, they're getting out on the break in odd-man situations(offense's favor) and putting more pressure on your rim which leads to fouls and those type of things. That's where it starts. Us being more sound with the ball to give our halfcourt defense a chance to work."

No this is false.

The GARM has made it clear that turnovers aren't correlated to wins.

13. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

for God sake can the Rockets activate Gouldlock tonight?

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bev was stinking up the joint to.

And why did we deactivate Andrew and activate Jones.

15. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

That's just sums up coaching this year.

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

This ^^^^ and all those missed freethrows from our big men plays a major factor.

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

The dumbass played D-Mo and Beasley and limited Brewer's minutes.

Our front court dominated. Who would have thought?

Till next game when they get benched for small ball again.

19. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

JB sits when he has to pee...

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No thanks, but nice to see folks coming around to my position.

DD