1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jazz Vs Rockets prediction time !!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Apr 19, 2007.

Tags:
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

As much as it's interesting to see the 2007 predictions from the larger thread linked in this one, it would be nice to also have an active poll vs a bump.

Maybe @DaDakota (or @J.R.) can do the honors of creating a new thread with an active poll.

2. Jack Campbell

Jack Campbell Member

SWEEP or Gentleman's sweep.....The only thing that that concerns me about Utah is that they were also one of the better 2nd half of the season teams....but still not as good as us.

If we really have an expectation of beating GSW we have to HAVE to be sharp this series.

Barely getting past the Jazz in round 1 and then thinking we can compete/beat the warriors is not reality.

90's - We had Utah's number...sometimes maybe even when we should not have.
    2000's - Jazz had our number...certainly when they should not have.
    2010's - Back to Houston and it is as it should be!

**Because of the history....I love the bump**

13 in 33 likes this.
  3. LUK3

LUK3 Member

I second that for this year

4. vick

vick Member

Moves Rockets to Cloverleaf. That may help to calm down the crooks here in Cloverleaf down a little.

Jontro likes this.
  5. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Rockets in 4.

6. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

1. Capella will dominate Gobert with his speed in transition and defense (Get Gobert tired so he doesn't have the energy to block shots).
    2. IF Faried plays significant minutes, he will get us the loose balls and offensive boards, for second chance 3s (I'm actually really excited to see playoff Faried).
    3. Harden will score, but we will need at least 7+ dimes from him and 8+ dimes from CP3 with at least 17 ppg in the series (especially if Gordon struggles to score)
    4. Looking forward to River's 1 on 1 locked down defense, especially perimeter defense (I'm going to assume he will continue to struggle to score).
    5. Very curious to see how House does in playoffs (his scoring will be needed to create space and relieve pressure from Harden/CP3)
    6. Tucker's defense will be solid as usual, but I wouldn't count on his shots to be reliable

Rocket's win in 5 with solid scoring performance or win in 6 with solid defense and decent scoring. As you can imagine, Jazz will be extra motivated to win this time vs. last season.

7. photojoe

photojoe Member

The Jazz are a good team, but I actually think we are just a bad matchup for them. I think they would have had a much better chance to advance against most of the other teams in the West, but they don't have the offensive firepower to keep up with us.

I would say Rockets sweep, but there will probably be a game (I think game 3) where our 3 point shots go cold and we let them get one.
    Rockets in 5

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

My heart tells me Rockets in 5.

My head tells me Rockets in 6.

Either way, I'd be stunned if the Rockets lost this series. I could've envisioned an upset had our opponent been OKC or San Antonio. But not Utah.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Good guys in 6. I'm going to game 1, so Rockets are guaranteed a loss. Any Rockets/Jazz playoff game I go to, we lose.

4-1 last year, guess which game I went to.
    Tmac / Yao Game 7, etc.

I'm cursed, but we still got this!

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

I say the Rockets beat the Jass in 4 games. That's the way it should be, so that's what I'm predicting.

12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I want to say 4/5 but going with winning in 6

I thought it would go 6 max last year, but they surprised me after sweeping them in Utah

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Huh, still true today.

DD

Roc Paint likes this.
  14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Rockets in 5

DaDakota likes this.
  15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Seriously Rockets will sweep this team