1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jazz > Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by schwa, Nov 4, 2004.

1. schwa

schwa Member

It must irritate Rocket fans to no end that it took Utah only 1 season to rebuild. Now the over rated rockets are in an 0-2 hole, while Utah just smoked the Lakers by 26. Don't feel bad though, Denver is overrated too. The Lakers beat them yesterday. TMac doesn't help Houston at all. He's just another ballhog. And they got rid of a lot of their supporting cast to get him. Good job Houston.

2. Sean Reynolds

Sean Reynolds Member

To be fair, and I'm a Jazz fan, it's only one game.

I wouldn't say Utah is better, just like I wouldn't say the Rockets are better. It's just TOO early to tell.

At this point Utah is looking good, but one game doesn't mean crap. That or the Grizzlies are in deep, deep trouble.

3. schwa

schwa Member

It is only 1 game (2 for Houston). I just really feel that Houston is over rated. And its pretty well agreed upon that Utah will make the postseason this year, after barely missing it for the first time in 20 years last season. I know how much Rocket fans hate the Jazz, and you know it just eats them up that Utah has rebuilt so fast.

4. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

5. dn1282

dn1282 Member

"0-2 hole"? The season is over! Let's start the rebuilding process. And the lakers aren't what they used to be, so you get nothing but a cookie for beating them.

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

to be fair he took that directly from our frontpage. :) otherwise the rest of his trash is standard troll stuff.

7. schwa

schwa Member

Standard troll stuff for sure. I won't deny that. :) I love getting Rocket fans all riled up.

As for the Lakers, you are right. They aren't what they used to be. However they're better than Toronto. :) *smooch*

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Jazz are good and will be very good for years to come. But they are good because of a good system and players who fit perfectly in the system. They are not good because of dominating players. AK is very good on the defensive end but when it comes to playoffs and championship run, Jazz dont really have someone who can step and be the go-to guy on offense. Therefore, imo, Jazz will make the playoff every year but never win the championship until, they get one of the top players in the league on offense.

If Rockets had stayed put with the team they had last year, they would have most probably been something like Jazz; very good but not an elite team. They decided to take the next step and paired Ming with Mcgrady. As of right now, Rockets dont have the right pieces around those two. They also dont have any team chemistry at all because of mulitple new players.

Right now Jazz will be better than Rockets. Jazz have chemistry and the Rockets have none. However, given that Ming and Mcgrady are only 25 and 24 years old, and have the potential to be the top players in the league, Rockets have a higher ceiling and greater potential to win championships down the road. Something like Malone and Stockton making the playoffs year after year on very good teams but, Hakeem and Drexler being the ones who actually have the championship rings to show. It is safe to say that most people would chose a championship team over a team which isvery good and consistent but has no hardware to show for it. :)

9. vincejas

vincejas Member

You dont need a superstar to win a title. Just ask Detroit. A good system, good coach, good and unselfish players who are committed to win, these are just some of the attributes of the utah jazz. And the rockets, yah they have a supastah in tmac and an overrated beanpole in yao. They have a grumpy coach and a bunch of scrubs, well they will win some and they will lose some. But it will not change the fact and the truth hurts that the Jazz >>>>>>>> rockets. Unless of course the overrated beanpole starts to kick some ass. Its going to be rockets = jazz. Yes, the jazz is just that good.

10. dn1282

dn1282 Member

whatever happened to the days where everyone hated the jazz? Now we get two Jazz trolls agreeing with each other in the same thread? :eek:

11. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

F*CK THE JAZZ! :mad:

better?

12. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They are better right now, because their coach is MUCH better.

I would shudder to think how good the Rockets would be with Sloan as their coach.

Enjoy it while it lasts Jazzholes.

:)

DD

14. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Your knowledge of the game is simply amazing. I'd bet you have watched the past two Rocket games before making that assumption!

:rolleyes: .

15. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

You know, sometimes trolls at least try to disguise their trolling somewhat with statements like, "i'm as big a rockets fan as anybody," or ,"don't get me wrong, i love the rockets as much as you do," but you guys are making it way too easy to spot. You'll be lucky to last through one more trolling thread.

Secondly, I don't think anyone actually hates the Jazz as much now that Malone and Stockton are gone. Much easier to hate their jerkoff fans.

16. peterlake144

peterlake144 Member

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Rockets fan, but.....

I think the reason why so many other-than-Houston supporters post here is because it is simply the best NBA fan site on the net. So while the Rockets may or may not be better than the Jazz (or Nuggets, Suns, Clippers, etc...) Clutchbbs is clearly better than anything their fans have created.

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Utah looks like they may be a good regular season team, especially at home. They practically hit everything they threw up last night. In the playoffs though, I don't see it.

18. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

I know what eats you up schwa:

Rockets 2 - Jazz 0

Stick that in your Pipe and smoke it. :p

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The Jazz did own the Lakers last night pretty bad. Looks like Kobe was the only Laker who could do anything positive. The Lakers shot horribly and defended horribly.

20. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Lakers were on a back to back and I don't see them winning that many 2nd legs of back to back games with their roster. Their guys are a bit too young and inconsistent to keep the intensity up. Of course that will change with time but I see them having a rough first half of the season like us. Both teams will get better though but I think our roster changes will make us both fighting for lower seeds because of a slow start