1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jazz owner says he's not getting his money's worth

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Yaowaming, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I thought Boozer would have been in ideal fit for Utah. He seems like a lunch pail Sloan kind of guy. But with talk that AK 47 is better suited for PF spot, it is interesting to see the fit now.

Boozer is looking like the typical undersized PF that does well in the EAST and average in the West.

2. Kayman

Kayman Contributing Member

Exactly what I was gonna say. Typical mormon racist.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You better watch out.

4. micah1j

micah1j Member

His decline seems to be related to his fouls, he is up to averaging 4+ from only 3 in Nov & Dec. Just like Yao, if you foul all the time you ride the pine - and get no stats.

I'd take him for Mo Taylor :D

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't agree with Miller and do think he contradicted himself about Boozer. But Okur is what he is and (in my opinion) was overpaid the second he signed the Jazz' offer. He has been fairly consistent though given the time and much to my surprise, is working the boards better than Boozer. Boozer was awesome this year... I think he was 20+ and 10+ for a long while there. But in the last 6 games, he's averaging 9 points and a shade over 5 boards... and he can't stay out of foul trouble. This is a huge drop.

I wouldn't question his talent, but is this a dry spell right now that he will get over, or does the guy not want to be there? If that's the case, you might have to question his heart (since we already know his integrity is crap).

BTW, it was absurd of Kayman to bring race and religion in to this.

6. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

MoT for Boozer

Do it...Do it now

7. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

The Jazz have been spoiled with playoff berths for a long, long time now.

It's nice to see them get a dose of reality in the league.

8. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Hey, that's totally uncalled for. Over 50% of my friends are mormons, and none of them is racist. Be responsible to what you say.

9. Bookit

Bookit Member

It makes me happy inside for Boozer to struggle like this. Boozer and Miller both deserve this for the bs they pulled on Cleveland this offseason.

10. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

:D

11. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Isn't Carlos BYC for the next two years, anyway? Makes it difficult to trade him.

12. fa7999

fa7999 Member

This is my trade offer for Miller: Mo + Spoon for Boozer + Harping, otherwise things will get much worse in a hurry!;)

13. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Boozer's productivity is going down (just like KMarts) b/c they now play in the West where an average 4 isn't a dominating force.

Boozer's stats in comparison to Yao's don't mean much. Boozer is just a finisher, he either scores or he doesn't. His presence doesn't create shots for anyone. Last time I checked Yao draws double teams every other trip down the floor.

14. justcallmejoe

justcallmejoe Contributing Member

610 reported? - Jazz's "Booze" on the trading block

Don't know if anyone caught this earlier today, but Lance in the morining show mentioned that Boozer's is in Sloan's doghouse, and Lance then made some trading proposal of his own.. MoTay and 1+ first rounder for Booze.

I then went on the net and did a little research, apparently Jazz's owner, Larry Miller, went public and complained about the way Boozer's been playing after they gave him the big contract... there's even comparison of Boozer and the "Big O"... that's right Boozer = Ostertag :eek:

15. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

If they think Boozer is lazy, what make you think they are going to take MoT?

16. DeAleck

Boozer's in the doghouse, but it doesn't mean he'll on the trading block.

Miller did publicly complain about Boozer, but apparently they patched it up the next couple of days. I don't think Boozer's on the move.

BTW, that trade proposal is laughable. If the we can make that happen, it'd be the trade of the centry.

17. DeAleck

BTW, the title is misleading. In fact, it's flat out wrong.

18. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Booz for MoT + 1st Rounder.

Are you nuts? You know they would want Sura, Wesley, or someone that would be some worth to them. MoT isn't even at the level that Booze is in.

19. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Larry Miller's a big talker. He used to get into fights with and criticize Malone, too. They won't deal Boozer this soon.

20. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

The title is terrible. Besides, it doesn't belong in the Rockets forum. I propose lock or move the thread.