1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jazz Owner: "Kirilenko On Thin Ice"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TManiAC, Jan 19, 2007.

1. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

LINK

Interesting news. You figure that if the owner is publicly saying such things that the tension is very serious. I wonder just how much this has affected his value within the organization and how everyone else outside the box is appraising Kirilenko's utility.

Needless to say, he would be the perfect fit at PF. The question is what it would cost to acquire him. As it stands, I dont think we have any pieces to move for him. Bonzi, Sura, Spanoulis and Juwan Howard is as much as we have to offer.

2. AggieRocketFan96

This should be in NBA dish as I don't see how this has anything to do with the Rox. Your thread made me think there was something involved with AK47 and the Rox.

I am amazed though at how much AK47 seems to have fallen in such a short period of time.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Andrei Kirilenko
    2006/07 $12,338,437
    2007/08 $13,709,375
    2008/09 $15,080,312
    2009/10 $16,451,250
    2010/11 $17,822,187

and do you really think they are going to take crap for him?

4. AggieRocketFan96

Oops, guess its already there.

Anyway, I would still be interested in AK47. At one point, I thought he might be one of the top 10 players in the league.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Now that Boozer has returned, Kirilenko's numbers have plummeted. I don't watch the Jazzholes so I'm not sure how much he has simply been squeezed out by Boozer's emergence and how much he's pouting and not asserting himself.

I'd love to have AK47, despite the contract. Sure, he'd get busted in the mouth by your Elton Brands of the league, but I think his numbers would come back up in Houston, and we'd have a team that no one would want to meet in the playoffs.

That said, it'd be tough as hell to get him, would involve a third team, and all that ONLY if the Jazz could get a legitimate 2 or 3 and would feel more of a need to lose AK47's salary than a need to worry about improving the Rockets.

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It seems very un-AK47-like to have him complain about not being involved in the offense. The beauty of a player like him is he does so many things well, particularly on the defensive end ... he excels at being a role player so much that he's a star for his uniqueness (imo). He could fit pretty much on any team.

His numbers are down this year though (particularly his rebounding) and one thing he can't do is shoot threes.

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Doesn't this Miller guy, the Jass owner, have a history of being a major A-hole? I may be wrong, but I think has talked a lot of crap about his players before. Kirilenko's steals and block shots are still very valuable, but his jumper does suck.

8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I wouldn't take this too seriously. Larry Miller is known to shoot his mouth off criticizing Jazz players. He pissed off Karl Malone numerous times by butting into the situation and criticizing Malone.

9. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

tell him to get a buy out,we sign him cheap ;)

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yeah he has publicly feuded with Karl Malone & Boozer also, he must hate Jazz forwards or something.

11. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Doesn't explain his bpg dropping significantly as well as his spg. When he isn't involved in the offense it looks like he doesn't want to be as active defensively.

Miller is an *******, you can say he talks to the press to motivate his players, but alot of his criticism in the past hasn't been constructive.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

A season-long problem has developed between AK47 and Sloan and, IMO, he just needs to shut up and play. He's got the big contract so he needs to do as he's told. With Boozer and Williams emerging, AK47 isn't needed as much on the offensive end, which is a good thing. He has an attitude problem.

Miller's public comments are late to the issue. All he's doing is taking sides between the coach and player. I assume AK47's and Sloan's comments about about each other and the Jazz offense (which started very early in the season) can still be googled.

13. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

He would be a nice player to add, but he's not what I would call "a perfect fit at PF". That contract is anything but perfect as well.

That said, if the following deal were made, I might take it...

Juwan Howard
    Bonzi Wells
    Bob Sura

for

Andrei Kirilenko

We'd have him all through his prime, and he would make us ridiculously good on defense. I mean...RIDICULOUS with capital letters. McGrady would hardly ever have to take a tough defensive assignment, which could keep some hard mileage off his back. Sura is done, Bonzi would be walking in the summer, and Juwan is Juwan. Essentially the only thing we lose in the trade is payroll flexibility. I really don't like that contract though...like really don't like it. :(

#13 ClutchCityReturns, Jan 19, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  14. Pringles

Pringles Member

does the salary work?

15. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Larry Miller has a reputation for opening his big mouth and making situations worse then they should be.

16. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

He also screamed at Greg Anthony like a jackass during a Blazers/Jazz game because of a ticky-tack bump Anthony did on Stockton.

17. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Sure does.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I can't imagine them doing that. Of course, I'd be in favor of it.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'd do it in a split second, and I'd hand them a first-round pick with it as well. Can you imagine Battier and T-Mac locking down people on the perimeter, and if somebody manages to penetrate, Yao and Kiri will be there blocking everything... :eek:

Then go and sign Francis for the vet min. if he gets a buyout from New York.

PG: Francis (Alston)
    SG: T-Mac (Head)
    SF: Battier (Snyder, Novak)
    PF: Kiri (Hayes)
    C: Yao Ming (Mutombo)

Hey, I can dream, can't I :D.

20. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

He was one of the most underrated player in the league.

But he is one of the most overrated one now.

Anyone can enlighten me what exactly he does better than Battier?