1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jazz in dysfunction

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaBeard, Feb 26, 2020.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

mitchell will do wonders here with the spacing here. Drives, plays d, no drama, passes first

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

3. i3artow i3aller

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We all know the Jazz are going to be bounced in the 1st/2nd round of the playoffs just like every year. Quin Snyder is not the problem, it's Rudy Gobert. Easy to expose him in the playoffs.

BHannes2BHonest, pmac, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That is their whole history.

Rocket River

pmac, Reeko, vator and 1 other person like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

that was the exact narrative surrounding yanis before he got a break and won it all

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

That argument doesn't match up. Giannis, himself, developed into an all-around player - something that Gobert can never ever do, or want to do.

Plus, Giannis had the best two-way PG in the game (all-star), one of the better SGs in the game (all-star), a 5 who could drag out the Goberts of the world to the 3 point line and a team with a lot of depth.

Bucks didn't randomly get a break and won it all. They bet the farm on Holiday and it paid off. The Jazz's roster is most definitely not the Bucks' championship roster.

saleem and JumpMan like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol nice try but nothing in the world is exactly the same as the other thing, otherwise it would be the same thing

of course there are some difference but basically narrative was the same, chokers, regular season wonders and not a real championship caliber playoffs team

BUT if irving doesnt role the ankle vs bucks we have the exact same narrative for now already crowned the championship bucks and 2 way player yanis...they would have cemented their status as regular season wonders/playoffs losers

also if donovan doesn't get hurt late in clippers series jazz might have gone to the finals

luck is the biggest factor in teams/stars ending being labeled as champions and/or failures

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  10. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

You hate to see it.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

the Jazz are a joke as per usual

4th best point differential in the NBA, yet nobody takes them seriously

ElPigto and i3artow i3aller like this.
  12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Imagine trying to argue against my point by typing out things past this first sentence. You're literally agreeing with my point about how the Bucks' championship team is not the same as any iteration of a Jazz roster, even now. So I'm not sure what you're trying to do, by bringing up the Bucks, when talking about the Jazz.

The whole 'luck' argument is another conversation entirely...and the Jazz are going to need a lot more than luck if they want to win anything.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

When drama like "Donovan doesn't pass to Rudy" or "Rudy thinks he should be DPOY" grabs the headlines, versus something like "how far can the Jazz go?" that's when you know no one thinks you have a shot.

Reeko likes this.
  14. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

The Jazz' modern playoff legacy is:
    Getting humiliated by Stephen Curry x2
    Getting humiliated by James Harden x2
    Getting humiliated by Nikola Jokic (blown 3-1 lead special!)
    And being the first team to let the Clippers in the WCF.
    The only teams Utah beat were the broken down Lob City Clippers, Russell Westbrook and Playoff P (LOL), and an injured 8th seed Memphis team.

Every year the playoffs show that if you put out a lineup of 5 passable periemiter defenders, you're done in 5 games.

15. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

If you don't*

How'd I miss that?

16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

You need a top 5 player to win a chip unless you are the ‘04 Pistons (the exception that proves the rule.)

The Jazz do not have a top 5 player.

Thus the Jazz are regularly bounced in the playoffs by teams that do have one. (Harden, Curry)

Like the Blazers with Dame or Nuggets with Jokic you just hope your all star becomes that guy. (Happened with Giannis after all). It doesn’t seem like Mitchell will become that guy though.

lakersuck2 likes this.
  17. dmoneybangbang

And Gobert's max kicked in this year, that'll be tough to move.

apollo33 likes this.
  18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It's so funny when the feud are between two fringe all stars both thinking they are the shet.

When you have a team that doesn't have a MVP type player, you have to rely on chemistry and cohesion.

19. Major

Major Member

If Westbrook and Wall can get traded, an actually productive Gobert should be pretty easy to move if they wanted to, even if he's not worth his salary.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Will the Jazz continue using center Rudy Gobert to guard F Dorian Finney-Smith? “I don't know,” Dorian said. “If they do, then I know I'll probably going to get a bunch of threes. I hope he guards me so I can get some shots. But I'll just take whatever the defense give us.”

nobody respects the Jazz…everybody views Gobert as an easy mark

i3artow i3aller likes this.