1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jay Cutler out 6-8 weeks

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Nov 20, 2011.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...umb-on-throwing-hand-20111120,0,3721060.story

Broken thumb on throwing hand.

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Does this eliminate the bears from the playoffs?

3. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Paging Brett Favre! Paging Brett Favre! :rolleyes:

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

They're playing Oakland next week, but they're terrible at home this year for some reason.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Bigger loss, Cutler or Schaub?

I'd say Cutler cause the texans are probably going to make the playoffs anyway while bears are fighting, plus we got the run game and Leinart who is better.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yeah it is a bigger loss for them. They do have a pretty easy schedule like us though. But the NFC is much more competitive and they are fighting for a WC spot unlike us.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

That's a killer. Why why why?!

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Cutler is a puss

He just wants to sit out.

9. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Great story man.

10. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Terrible season for qbs. Lost 3 last week and now 2 this week.

11. liljojo

liljojo Member

Bears have been running a lot, but they're fighting for the WC in a pretty good division. Plus they don't have Foster or Dre or Cushing or Joseph or Daniels or Tate.

Holy crap, our team is stacked.

12. Marteen

Marteen Member

But they do have Forte at least, and he's been playing outstanding this season.

13. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I would think so. They still have a great defence and running game but I do not think that will be enough for them to win three more games.

14. conquistador#11

i actually think that kid haine has a chance to be a hell of a player. They will still make the playoffs.

What kind of injury did big ben suffer?

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Haine can get the job done, defense has been playing much better along with the O-line.

I think the offense will have a lot more screens set up for Forte, O-line really blocks well on those type of plays. A lot of the downfield stuff will be limited but I think it'll still be a decent offense.

What really sucks, for Bears fans like me at least, is that Cutler was really coming into his own over the winning streak.

The next 3 games are Oakland, Denver and KC. Oakland will be the toughest game but I still see the latter two as very winnable even with Haine.

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Fractured thumb on throwing hand.. Not expected to miss any playing time [knock on wood].

Clearly, Cutler's break is worse than Big Ben or Favre's fracture from a few years back. Granted, given both of their histories it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to play through it regardless.

17. DaleDoback

DaleDoback Contributing Member

You nailed it. Favre's was a small fracture, Big Ben's was a break near the tip of the thumb. Cutler has a fracture from the tip of the finger to the knuckle. Much different and is impossible to grip a football with. According to sports talk radio out of Chicago (love the internet), he probably made it worse by continuing to play against SD. Cutler's is much worse and I am glad the media is not jumping on him for being soft or a quitter. This is a major injury.

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Well I think common sense has been more prevalent than after the NFC Championship game.