1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Javale McGee fools the media.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ashiin, May 16, 2012.

1. ashiin

ashiin Member

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

3. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

Seems pretty ridiculous to me. McGee's making fun of the media because they supposedly didn't go to a reliable source for the information? Well yep... only in that McGee was not being a reliable source. Sure, they could have searched Google images, but why when the man himself is saying something?

All he did was demonstrate that he's a goofball. The rest is a non-story.

4. gah

gah Member

He successfully trolled the media guys who didn't do their due research, that's progress.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

I guess you find things to do in the off season.

Trollolololololol...

6. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

He was making a point, if he posted he just won the lotto maybe then they would of done research or ignored it?

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Very embarrassing.

I hope to get my hands on a copy of those "McGee Buys Platypus" 96-pt font newspaper headlines that will someday be collectors items.

1 person likes this.
  8. MD_in_Training

You can easily find out if he actually did win the lotto. It would be infinitely more time-consuming (if even possible) to find out if he bought platypuses.

9. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Yeah, it would have been better if he had one of his teammates tweet that he bought a platypus. Still kinda funny though.

10. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

McGee is awesome. Everything he does is steeped in an innocent sort of idiocy that lacks any sort of self awareness. Give this guy the max just so the Rockets can be all over the Basketball Blogs next year

11. Mariachi ROCKET

OK......................................................

12. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I want him on the Rockets so bad.

im serious

13. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

A few extra words fixes that problem. Something along the lines of, "According to his Twitter..."

Frees you from reporting his tweet as truth. Writers making rookie mistakes.

14. munco

munco Member

That was pretty funny. The guy can be aloof but I dont think he's not idiot.

I think tons of ppl thinking he's a complete imbecile and stupid are wrong. He actually seems far more clever than a lot of athletes.

15. AFS

AFS Member

The man owns a DJ Roomba. How can he not be awesome?

16. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

THAT IS AWESOME.

17. roswell raygun

I would rather have a platypus.

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I want him on the Rockets along with JR Smith, Josh Smith, Metta World, and Shane Battier.

19. gah

gah Member

Agreed.

20. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

McGee is moron plain and simple. But seriously !!!! Did the media really take his tweet seriously and waste their time to rant about it? As 'journalists' do they really have nothing better to waste their time on rather then McGee buying a pair of Platypi? So who is the bigger moron here? Do American Sports Journalists even know what a Platypus is?

Props to McGee on this one. McGee takes 2 secs to post a tweet. Companies pay money to employees who have to sit behind a desk 9-5 in front of a computer and to make life-altering/reality shattering/ nobel prize worthy articles on a tweet by the biggest moron in the NBA.

At least McGee still entertains for millions of fans and contributes towards earning millions for his club and the NBA. Does charity work for through his club. WTF do these 'journos' contribute to society? Write about a tweet made by one of the biggest doofus in the NBA. WOW!!!!! Take a bow Grantland.