1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jason Terry: Westbrook is the MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Apr 4, 2017.

1. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Bruhh who the hell is Jason Terry? And why the hell do we care about what he thinks?

Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one.

Jet's take is worth nothing.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is the second time the Media Hype Machine has turned me against a player I had no problem with before the season started. Also the second time the Media Hype Machine has annoyed me so much I can't enjoy NBA history. First it was Curry in 2015, now Westbrook.

Deuce, heypartner, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Choke City.

4. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

And just like that, the Jet honeymoon is over

BigShasta and DreamShook like this.
  5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

This will be the first time MVP will be given out with absolutely no regard to winning. It makes no difference at all what the Thunder do because triple double.

DonKnock likes this.
  6. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Does he have a vote? Otherwise there is space for another on the Westbrook bandwagon.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This is Trumpo all over. Everyone thinking WB will win it but most of these talking heads don't even have votes. JET - no vote. Tmac - not vote etc....

Harden voters are being silent and will let the polls do the talking.

8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

He will make at least 2nd team all nba or ban that guy who made the thread saying that lol

9. BALLhog 247 365

[​IMG]

never liked jason terry

BigM likes this.
  10. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Is there anyway to ignore threads? The number of MVP threads is really getting nauseating

11. photojoe

photojoe Member

Well if Jason Terry says that Westbrook is MVP then obviously he is MVP....

12. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

i mean, it is hard to ignore the fact the guy still put up 41 triple doubles in a season, man that's amazing, nothing against harden, but if they gave it to westbrook, you can't really blame them for that, if it is harden who did it, but rockets switching standing with thunder, would you guys feel different? you all would give MVP to harden right....

13. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Exactly. lol The votes have been secured. Nuff said.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

If the situations were reversed then yeah, I'd want Harden to win it from a homer point of view. However, Westbrook would still be more deserving from an objective point of view.

16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

James is going to finish the season with the most points generated by one player in the history of the league, but that seems to be less important than 2 rebounds per game:rolleyes:

This whole **** was an ESPN ruse to make up for their own error of outbidding themselves on NBA games.

They doled out big bucks and then Durant went to GS essentially ruining the regular season hype.

ESPN knew that they had done to much damage to Harden by their own hand to try and use him as a ratings focal point, so they chose Westbrook and pimped the triple double narrative for everything it was worth.

Why do you think ESPN has been crying for weeks now about players resting during THEIR national broadcasts:rolleyes:

Rest would've been a non-issue, Adam Silver spoke out at the All-Star break and said that he appreciates the value rest and sports science has for lengthening players careers. But ESPN got left out to dry by their beloved Warriors and then they went on and on about rest ever since to the point that Commissioner Silver had to send a letter to owners saying to stop doing it for national broadcasts.

It's not about the fans, it was never about the fans. It's about ESPN getting a return on their shitty miscalculated investment!!:mad:

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  17. Daddy Long Legs

Thats not something that can be proved or disproved. It is subjective. We can judge it differently.

I personally think it is reaching and makes one look like a hater to start calling him a wannabe thug though.

But real talk, I think Westbrook was justified in calling KD a b****ass n**ga

Lol. The only thing I dont like about brook is his stat chasing and media hype. If he wasnt **** blocking hardens MVP award then I wouldnt be salty

DonKnock likes this.
  18. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

All is lost

19. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I started back my hatred to him when he said "not the same team"
    also the "guarantee win in game 5"
    F Jason Terry again

20. Daddy Long Legs

Im not a huge conspiracy guy. I personally dont believe it is as contrived, premeditated, or as organized as that but......

theres no denying what you are saying is a factor and plays a role. Marketability and bottom line is always an influence.

Especially in a subjective award that can be narrative based like the MVP

#60 Daddy Long Legs, Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    DonKnock likes this.