1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jason Terry traded to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Aug 31, 2014.

?

Do you like the trade of non-guaranteed contracts for Jason Terry and two 2nd rounders?

1. YES

483 vote(s)
    77.7%
  2. NO

139 vote(s)
    22.3%
  1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Harden and the Pelicans 1st.

Na, just Gee and another non guaranteed contract that has yet been announced.

2. Rajjettheking

Rajjettheking Member

I'm sure Dwight is thrilled with the addition of an expiring contract and future second rounders. This is exactly why he left millions on the table to come to Houston.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Terry was always one of those bastards that killed us, leaving me with a desire to strangle him at the first opportunity, yet also leaving me wishing that the b*stard was a fixture on the Houston bench. What a conundrum. It's a great trade and I hate it.

4. delishman

delishman Member

Gee and another non-guaranteed TBN

5. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Wow negative nancy, why don't you go drink a nice bottle of STFU and wait and see.

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I get the trade from an expiring contract/assets POV, but we must NEVER let Terry see the floor even for one minute. That assclown will do everything he can to sabotage our team, just like all those Jazz we signed in the 90's. He's an inside man. He'll even do what he can to spur dissent within our clubhouse. In fact, we should just tell him to stay home and never set foot near Toyota Center. And like Derek Fisher, we should just hit him with a restraining order from even talking to any of our players.

You better believe that lifelong Rockets villains exist. Use Terry if you must, but don't let him use us.

7. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Not the worst move in the world. He looked terrible last year but he provides veteran leadership and should be able to put in 10 minutes a night

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That's good. I was looking at it from Terry-as-a-player perspective. I didn't see how he fits on the team, and I didn't see that we netted 2 picks. But I guess the trade was more for the second rounders than Terry.

9. soinlife

soinlife Member

long time rocket fan and to this i say.... -_-

10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I LIKE IT.

11. hehlol

hehlol Member

i dislike guys like fisher and kirilenko because they flop excessively. i dont like josh howard and mo williams because they have crappy attitudes towards our players.

jason terry just beat us all the time which i respect as much as i hate. it is not hard to like this trade.

12. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Guys, I get the "healthy disgust" many have for current/former "Rocket killers" like Jason Terry. But the hatred for one of them once he joins the Rockets is a bit much for my tastes.

As long as a player comes in and plays hard for the Houston Rockets organization, he's okay in my book, regardless of past misdeeds.

For a recent example, just look at Ray Allen. Coming from the Heat's dreaded rival Boston Celtics, many Heat fans could have just chosen to hate Allen blindly. Instead, they embraced him; and he rewarded them by hitting the biggest shot in franchise history and helping secure an NBA championship for Miami.

For a less recent example, look at Eddie Johnson. As a Sixth Man extraordinaire, he was the third leading scorer on the 1992-93 Seattle Supersonics team that defeated the Rockets in the 1993 Western Conference Semifinals, to this day one of the most painful playoff losses in franchise history. Several years later, an aging Johnson joined the Olajuwon-Drexler-Barkley Rockets to chase a ring and himself ended up hitting probably one of the 10 biggest shots in Rockets franchise history. He is remembered by most Rockets fans lovingly, despite his past as a "Rocket killer".

All I'm saying is, let's maybe stop short of blind hatred for players who are actually ON the Rockets' roster.

Thank you, and have a pleasant evening.

13. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

We been waiting & seeing for 8 years now:rolleyes:

14. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

You said it. :(

15. apatel123

apatel123 Member

This move defines the essence of moneyball aka Moreyball

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

For you people complaining about Jason Terry, please remember this:

If not for the Los Angeles Lakers, Morey could have added both Jason Terry and Carlos Boozer to the Rockets in one summer.

17. torocan

torocan Member

Morey acquiring assets again. Not a bad return considering he had too many people on the roster anyway.

We'll see what he does with the rest of the off season.

18. Raven

Raven Member

I think he understands better than you if you honestly believe the training camp fodder being shipped out was going to make one iota of difference next season.

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Agree 100 %. (Coming from one of biggest Mavs haters on the planet)

20. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

THIS...