1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jason Terry on 790

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NOLArocket, Apr 14, 2015.

1. NOLArocket

NOLArocket Member

2. Ns575

Ns575 Member

I thought it read "Jason Terry on turning 79"

1 person likes this.
  3. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

:grin::grin::grin:

4. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Thanks! I missed this today.

Review:

- We will be watching the scoreboard tomorrow (other teams), we need to get the win first. We can get to #2. (Seems he wants this)

-- Losing D-Mo and Pat is disappointing. We are who we are now.

-- If we play at a high tempo, we are a hard team to beat.

-- James Harden has kept us a contender in the West. Plays both ends of the floor. Consistently

-- I've seen James grow in the leadership category. I knew he had the skills but he comes to work every night with his voice, even on bad nights. Speaks up and tells them when everyone is doing bad. Praises them when team is good. Speaks up a lot. MVP this year.

-- McHale managed his rest really well this season. Kept his minutes down so it's helpful now that he has to play more since Bev is out.

-- We have to understand each series is different from the next. Teams wont allow James to play 1 on 1 basketball. He may have to facilitate more in certain series. Understanding we have to get stops & value every position. Execute in the half-court. Don't get too high on a win or loss. Mentioned we have the MVP, good players and a darn good center.

-- We have to discuss the hack a player rule in the off season. It slows down the game. Bad for the fans and takes away the rhythm of the game. Rule should change so you can only intentionally foul at the last 2 minutes of the game ONLY.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's easy to manage Jason Terry's rest because Jason Terry is not that good. It's not that easy, for example, to manage James Harden's rest. :)

6. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

jason terry is a really good talker.. but he shouldnt be starting

7. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Very interesting verbiage between two vets in the game before the playoffs. Peirce basically threw the bus at everyone who was under and JT praised the team

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

He really is.

9. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Watching him this season, I have really increased my respect for JT. He is a great guy to have on the team. Classy smart individual.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Another guy from our organization who talks a good talk and then fails to back it up consistently on the court.

Rockets got the best PR guys and the biggest and loudest mouths starting at the top from Morey.

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Jet is great, he has been great as a starter and he has shot his best three point percentage in 9 years

12. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Matt Thomas thinks JET signed a free agent contract?

I mean, no offense to him but in general, I would like to have host that know how players were obtained, etc.

But otherwise, great interview! JET really knows how to talk and keep his answers perfectly timed and to the point.

13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Good interview.

He stressed what is incredible about James Harden -- leadership. Contrast that with what Pierce said about the lack of leadership by Deron williams.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Pretty common occurrence in this city. He has a championship ring though so he gets a pass.

One of those 610 hacks went off about Rivers to the Titans yesterday, going on about their only WR's being Wright and Washington. Washington plays for the Texans. Lulz.