1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jason Terry fined for flopping in game 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's a flop. But of all the flopping in the game, they picked this one? :rolleyes:

2. Remlap

Remlap Member

Couldn't find a clip of it anywhere, but I was beside myself when they took time to review
    Dwight's foul on Dirk and then determined it as a flagrant.
    From the replays, I figured there was NO WAY they would determine that to be an F1.

Sure, he got caught in the air, but clearly came down and only hacked the ball. In the replay it looked as if he had ALL BALL!
    There was not other real body contact.

Flagrant is typically determined by no attempt at the ball, mainly bodily force, grabbing or mauling.
    (Like Dwight's head almost being taken off which was declared a 'common foul')

That review and call proved biased officiating after looking the other way
    when Stoudemire plainly mugged DH.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Terry was minimally fined when he was a Mav, why now?

4. Mattician

Mattician Member

Flopping is flopping. It's bad for the NBA.

Fines should be given to anyone regardless of who they are.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

All the press releases are listed here and include a link to the video

http://official.nba.com/

6. Code Red

Code Red Member

Looks like a painful flop. lol

7. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

i know, seriously.

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Regardless, Terry is clearly the best 3 pt shooter when it matters i've ever seen grace a Rox uniform. He needs to be resigned if he can still and has the desire to play next season.

9. Remlap

Remlap Member

Flopping is truly a means of deception and cheating to alter the game and
    fool the refs into awarding FT's.

The league has a 'live review' facility in NJ.

They could easily review potential flops while the game continues on.
    Then at the next break in action, they could award 2 pts to the opposing team if someone flopped.
    Or take FT's away if someone was awarded FT's based on a flop.

This would likely cure any real flopping and the Spurs would then be
    a mediocre team (and take away 25% of Harden's scoring. lol)

10. CertifiedTroll

Clearly a flop, but it shouldn't count if the flop is against Dirk.

11. Airdough

Airdough Member

Dirk was setting moving screens all game and the only way fouls were being called was to flop. The only time the refs finally got a clue is when they gave Chandler a moving screen call right after the Howard flagrant. Almost like they realized that letting all the flopping go on plus hand checking on Harden was enough and the Mavs were about to get back into a game where they had no business competing.

12. lovermanbuda

lovermanbuda Member

Stuff like this never fails to remind me that the NBA is a complete joke. #areuserious

- Buda

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It was a flop. Sure the NBA flopping rule is a capricious joke and an insult to the fans. But it was still a flop.

14. SK34

SK34 Member

In this case, Tyson foul on Dwight wasn't a flagrant.

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Not trying to purposefully bump an old thread but I just realized something

Green and Barnes were never fine or warned for their flops in game 3

This is why I feel the league flop rule and fine thing is a joke. Terry was fined the next day after game 2 for his flop on dirk which was a flop but not the worst we've seen of this playoffs as a whole.

Draymond Green and Harrison Barnes -- nothing was fined or warned to them after what they did Thursday night to Anthony Davis. They play game 4 later today. So you're telling me what they did wasnt nearly as bad as what Terry did? Green went further to sell the flop by acting he was super hurt from taking an elbow to the mouth.

Unless I totally missed the announcement - I went to the Officials website and didnt see anything on there and thats where they usually post it. They had the L2M report from the Pels/GSW game.

I mean how in the world could you not consider either of those an over the top flop especially since Davis was whistled for fouls on both of those plays. Now consider that on the play Terry flop --- nothing was called at all. It wasnt like Dirk was called for a foul.

I try not to complain about officiating and I understand that ball calls happen all the time. Sometimes our team benefits from it and sometimes our team does not. What I do complain about is the consistency when calling things. You can't call things tight on one end and not on the other. You cant fine a player for flopping and then allow even worse flops to go unpunished. The league established a precedent and fails to follow it.

1 person likes this.
  16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly. The usual excuse is that the NBA is extremely fast and difficult to officiate. That's okay.

But it can't be an excuse for reviewed decisions. First the Dwight flagrant was so obvious to everybody except for the league officials. And the flop fines are supposed to be results from careful reviewing. So there is absolutely NO excuse for those decisions at all.

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Dirk's 4th quarter flop vs Ariza was just pathetic.