1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jason Terry fined for flopping in game 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Apr 22, 2015.

1. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Terry to the Mavs...

"I learned it by watching YOU, OKAY?!"

Seriously Terry does pull some cheap crap here and there, and I don't care for it, but can't blame a dude for trying and doing what he has to do. I just chalk it up to him being a former mav.

Still, can't believe we're getting fined considering the way that whole team flops around with their arms in the air like they just don't care.

1 person likes this.
  2. joeson332

joeson332 Member

95 Rockets? 2011 Mavericks?

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

nba anti flop is a joke

cherry pick a few here and there and you expect flop to stop

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

It's got to be pretty difficult to shake off EIGHT YEARS of being a Dallas Maverick.

5. yo

yo Contributing Member

That alternate dimension you speak of is called being a Rockets fan.

6. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

I saw that and it was a flop, but the only reason he did that was because they were calling the same **** on us when they flopped so...NBA agenda is becoming very clear!

7. Celebriduck

Celebriduck Member

Their organization would be bankrupt if the NBA actually came down on their flopping.

8. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

There is no point of having this anti flopping crap. If the NBA actually enforced this fairly, Dirk wouldn't be making any money playing in the NBA. As a matter of fact he might even have to pay the NBA to even play in the league. This is a travesty. :rolleyes:

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

What about that bogus Flagrant foul?

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

when is Adam Silver going to start fining the refs. Players are going to do it regardless, 5K is a slap on the wrist for them. These refs are too protected it's embarassing, and absolutely no accountability is being held against them. Sure the 2 minute reports are accurate but that's their headquarters saying my bad, not the actual ref. My 2 cents.

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/ezx1ezKAXnm/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

Loose ball foul on Prigioni. No fines for Dirk for his multiple flops. No fines for Barea.

Call it evenly, NBA. You look silly.

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Has Dirk ever gotten fined? Manu? NBA... embarrassing...

13. The Stig

The Stig Member

JJ, Dirk, Chandler, and Amare not getting fined?

U wot m8?

14. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

So ridiculous of the NBA

15. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

THIS. Either fine all flops or just stop it all together. This is a joke.

16. thacokeguy

thacokeguy Member

17. SuraGotMadHops

18. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

The last time that happened was 1995 ;)

19. SemisolidSnake

So, Dirk's and Tyson Chandler's $1,000,000 fines are coming soon after this, right? Right? Doesn't seem that anything bad happened to the Mavs on this play where Terry was fined, so is Rondo going to get a fine for flying into the 5th row on James' first basket last night? Surely, right?

NBA is so messed up. If Harden can be suspended the next day for lightly kicking an attacking Lebron James in his lady parts, surely egregious flops are worthy of the same treatment. Hand out 1 game suspensions for flopping. That will end it overnight.

I know it would be a Herculean task, but I'd be very curious to see what certain players' performances would look if you erased plays where they clearly flopped. Ginobli. Fisher. Lebron. Dirk. Etc. There's that one group that's analyzed like every play that goes on in a season. I can't remember which group it is, but I bet they could do this. Just add "FA," "flopping-adjusted," to the stats.

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

The thing about fining the Mavs is that I don't remember the NBA fining for a flop where the call was awarded. And of course they got a lot of those calls