1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jason Smith Flagrant on Griffin+Hornets Clips Confrontations

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Yao11, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well this thread definitely shows me that if Fisher did this to Blake Griffin most of the board would say Griffin flopped on the play.

Meanwhile if Jason Smith had done this to Scola I seriously doubt most people would be saying Scola was at fault.

The Rockets announcers went crazy when Nate Robinson made his foul on Dragic which wasn't as bad as the Smith foul on Griffin.

2. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

BS. the foul on Dragic last night was worse than this andwas called a flagrant 1 only.

3. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Chris Paul ruined Blake Griffin.

4. conquistador#11

one problem. luis is notdouche, he doesn't try to show anyone up. he is a class act.
    when you act like griffin, body language and facial expressions.. you're going to get yours.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

Blake Griffin ruined Blake Griffin.

That said, I've really begun to hate CP3 too... used to like him but he is getting more and more annoying.

Clippers = new Jazz?

6. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

That was a tough foul though I think Griffin may have exaggerated the extent of the hit. Its funny to see how united you guys are in the hate of Griffin...

7. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Flopper Karma.

Griffin deserves to take hits like these.

8. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Took me to the third page to find some reason :rolleyes:

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Let me quote Clyde Drexler the announcer:

"I agree."

10. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

huh??? fisher lowered his shoulder after looking back and seeing scola = intentional....smith just ran hard down the court and cut off griffin, had griffin not just completely fallin down like a little btch and smith jumped for the block it would have been a normal foul...but because griffin threw his body down it made it look 10x worse.

that was not that bad of a foul, yes it hurt, but he didn't tackle him, he didnt blindside him, he ran from behind and cut him off...maybe if griffin wouldnt try to jam everything over everyone he would have been smart and gone for a layup and possibly wouldnt have been knocked over so easily. he slowed down to jump and thats when he got rocked. BE A MAN GRIFFIN

11. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Please, at the most that would have moved ME maybe one foot in the opposite direction, there is no way in hell that contact caused nearly 7ft 260lb's of pure muscle Blake Griffin to the gorund like that.:rolleyes: Flopping is so lame.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The only thing that I admire about that play was the Clipper teammates coming to defend Blake (flop or not). They got in Smith's face at least. Sad to see no one do that to Nate when he dropped Drogic last night.

13. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Jason Smith ...

[​IMG]

:grin::grin::grin:

14. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Not even close. I watched it several times. Dragic was leaving the floor for a fast break lay up when Nate grabbed him in the air and through him down. No accident. Dragic was defenseless and could have been severely hurt, particularly going into the base of the goal.

Blake got a body shot while running on the floor and in control. He was not in the air with someone actually grabbing him and throwing him to the ground.

15. SacTown

SacTown Member

uh oh.. So Nate Robinson is the new Derek Fisher around here.....

16. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Bounty Hit.

17. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

No kidding! The next guy that takes out CP3 will be my next favorite player! If these guys like falling to the floor so much, let's just tackle their asses a couple of times and make them earn the foul calls...

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

We just traded Demeco Ryans, Jason Smith ILB? Anyone?

Watta a bush league play by Jason Smith.:(

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Totally different. Fisher was looking to take Scola out and was looking for an opportunity. Dragic was in the air and was thrown down. Griffin just got bumped hard while he was running and acted like a p***y. It must be getting acting lessons in LA.

Watch Jordan when he was getting hammered by the Pistons and Knicks. You never saw him falling to the ground acting like b****. Same with Kobe.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Stern really neutered this thing man. He even has you guys thinking like women now. The NBA is really catering to the reality TV crowd these days. Guess I can't blame em'.