1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jason Smith Flagrant on Griffin+Hornets Clips Confrontations

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Yao11, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

This! Nuff said!

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Why did Blake pretend he was dead. I would've have way more respect for him if got right up and got into Jason Smith's face.

I don't agree with most people, it was a unnecessarily hard and dirty foul, but Blake shouldn't have laid there like he got shot.

3. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

that was flagrant 2

thats a 7 foot 290lb guy running full speed

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

He has a habit of laying on the ground after getting fouled.

5. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Get your hits in while you can, Griffin is not going to be in the league too long if he doesn't develop a FG shot... That whole team annoys me. Especially Chris Paul, he's a great player no doubt, but what's happening to the Clips, early success then a long period where W's are at a minimum, is exactly what he did in NO the past two years.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Lolll what? Blake Griffin averaged 22 and 12 his rookie season and 20 and 10 this season.

Hardly evidence that he won't be in this league a long time. The only way he won't be in this league a long time is if he has another knee injury that is serious or any kind of serious injury.

8. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Completely agree.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's a vicious hit, a flagrant no doubt. But it's not dirty. He slammed his body into Griffin's, shoulder to shoulder. Kind of like a soccer hard tackle. No, it's not likely that it would result in serious injury. Griffin was on the ground, not in the air.

A dirty play would be putting an elbow on a guy's rib while he is flying in (Bynum), or pulling a guy's hair making him fall backward when going up for a layup (Kidd), or undercutting a guy (Malone), or stepping on someone's head while he's down on the floor (Love).

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

Definitely flagrant 2 but man, Griffin is one of the biggest floppers in the league. I can think of several flops he has done in the 1.5 years he has played and they are all Kirilenko/Ginobili type of bad flops.

11. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

God, the more I watch that replay, the more I shake my head at Griffin's antics... It's interesting when a flagrant foul can make you hate the flagrant foul VICTIM more than the instigator. He went so over the top... tossing his leg in the air and rolling around like he was shot, and then lying on the ground for like two minutes like he was dying.

Also just saw the Tyler Hansborough replay:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkVLV6Aqlfc

I want to like Griffin, and did until very recently... he just really needs to be punished for these subtle dirty ass play.

12. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

Shouldn't Caron Butler be rolling the film at Blake :p

13. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

I guess I'm on the other end. Yea Griffin acted a bit but it was still a cheap, dirty move on Smith. I guess that was his only move against Griffin, how else was he going to stop him?

14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Wow. I know Jason from college days. He's never been a malicious guy, so I think there's more to this.

I texted him tonight about it. I'll let you guys know what his response is.

More than likely, Blake was talking ish the whole game. It's not an excuse to wipe him out, but I figure that's what happened.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

All ball.

2 people like this.
  16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Stern should investigate whether the Hornets had a bounty out on Griffin

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If that had been done in the 80's, it would either have been a non-flagrant foul or an out-of-bounds Clippers ball.

And then players on both teams would have made fun of Blake the rest of the year for being a pansy and taking 30 seconds to get up off his butt.

Blake's a showboater. If it were baseball he would have been thrown at by half the league's pitchers already.

18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Haha...I dislike Blake, but not way! :grin:

And it wasn't as bad as Blake made it. I love how Chris Paul's floppin arse is out there trying to be ratchet.

DeAndre is too nice to do anything either. The only guys on the Clippers who might throw a punch is Caron, Kenyon or Reggie Evans.

Also, what's up with those two girls in the back waving their hands during the scuffle? Embarrassing..

19. marky :)

marky :) Member

Agree with DD, he made it worse than it really was. Ejection is justified for Smith though, you just cant run into players like that full speed.

20. SPF35

SPF35 Member

where was the foul?