1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jason Lewis Outta There

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by giddyup, Aug 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Statement:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ldswWSU21-U?list=UUKv2rYs2VxG1fOr8JIY1wfw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This was a planned stunt by Lewis who had told his station that he was going to retire on August 1st and didn't want to do a bunch of farewell shows.

I used to listen to Jason Lewis when he was on KSTP in Minnesota and while I didn't agree with his politics found him one of the better conservative talking heads. He refrained from the vitriol or emotion of people like Limbaugh or Beck and he even considered the late Paul Wellstone as a friend.

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

... but was walking out after a three minute monologue a surprise? Did they expect him to finish the show?

Obviously, some knew. I watched the slick video production at Galt.IO which concludes with the walk-off.

I miss the hey-day of talk radio in the 1990s. My favorite was "Left to Right" with Alan Colmes (L) and Barry Farber (R) where they actually had discussions instead of rants a la Rush.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That I don't know and having not listened to him since he left KSTP much I have little insight into him.

Just guessing but I suspect he told the station he was going to step down on the first and many probably figured he was just going to do it at the end of his show. Another possibility is that he told his station manager but not his producer. That would explain why the back up host just happened to be listening as he had already been tipped to expect something like this.