1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jared Goff

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ItsMyFault, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I don't see him falling to the third either. The way the draft is set up, now, some team will usually leap up into the end of the first to tale someone like this. Someone who has the tools to be a top pick, but his stock falls. For reference, see your boy Bridgewater or Manziel.

That's Goff's worst case draft position, in my opinion. He's too good to fall that far.

2. MystikArkitect

Don't know what's worse, Goff throwing 5 picks or Utah getting 5 picks and winning by only 6.

Plays Ore, Stan, USC, UCLA and AZ State. Played an elite defense, he'll adjust.

3. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Spoke with someone recently and he told me Goff is garbage because he's from CAL and that a RB (forgot name) is going to be the number 1 pick this upcoming draft.

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sounds like he really knows his stuff

5. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Glad he felt compelled to take that insider info straight to the message boards.

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Yeah, world class evaluation.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Leonard Fournette is not draft eligible. You got some bad info. ;)

8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Jared Goff reminds me so much of Bo Callahan from the movie "Draft Day".

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I do like this comment even though it's wacky. It starts off with a potentially defensible comment about how a random person says "Goff is garbage" then goes immediately to an indefensible reasoning "because he's from CAL" and then goes right back into a defensible statement "a RB.....is going to be the number 1 pick this upcoming draft"

It's hot take brilliance.

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

i have a sneaky suspicion that this person might be your "someone"

[​IMG]

11. chow_yun_fat

Would appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth. I thought it was a silly argument and wanted to know if you guys thought any RB in this draft could be worth a number 1 pick?

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I highly doubt it. Derrick Henry and Ezekiel Elliott could all go in the first round at some point if they declare for the draft, but I don't think anyone would even consider either of those two for the top pick. Then again, who knows? It's really early.

13. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Your friend is likely an idiot who doesn't deserve to be repeated to others.

-I can think of another QB in the league who went to CAL and turned out okay.

-The RB he is thinking of isn't draft eligible this year. But yes, he could be the #1 pick next year.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Tell your friend Jeff Tedford is long gone (and that he did have one QB named Aaron Rodgers do very well in the NFL). He is a worthless bag of wind who is 3-4 years behind the times.

A RB won't be the #1 pick of the draft. For good reason, that hasn't happened in about 20 years.

15. chow_yun_fat

First off, this guy isn't my friend. He's a classmate that likes to speak his opinion about sports, but doesn't like to listen to other peoples opinions.

Yes, I mentioned that Aaron Rodgers came from Cal and he dismissed it as something that happened ages ago.

Even the Professor corrected him and told him most RB's don't get selected in the first round, but he persisted.

He's some old military vet that's like 60 years old.

What is the RB that is going to get drafted high next year?

Btw, I don't follow College football, so my only source of info is from ya'll. :D

16. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Probably Leonard Fournette

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's got one more year before he can declare.

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

If I had a dollar for everytime this has to be said... GEEZ!

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Even if Fournette is the best RB prospect since Peterson, Peterson didn't go until 7th overall.

20. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with the sentiment that a running back is very unlikely to go #1 anytime soon. However AP has produced at a rate higher than expected when he was drafted.