1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jared Goff

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ItsMyFault, Sep 21, 2015.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/USC?src=hash">#USC</a> DL coach Chris Wilson described Cal's Jared Goff as &quot;the best quarterback in college football.&quot;</p>&mdash; Michael Lev (@MichaelJLev) <a href="https://twitter.com/MichaelJLev/status/659428761973215233">October 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

That would be my dream scenario also. But I'm really anxious to see what James Connor dies after seeing what happened to Chubb. If he declares I would love to draft him along with goff. He's just hard to predict I would take him in the 2nd but if we can get him in the 3rd I would be ecstatic. But if he does stay in school goff and Henry would be amazing.

Goff/Henry or
    Goff /?/Conner

3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

4. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

lol not even close

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/k1rHSWgre9M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Goff isn't of color. Therefore, he's not considered in his world.

Apparently that's his shtick.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

"of color". I hate that phrase.

8. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Do you mean actual NFL scouts or media "experts" like Kiper, McShay, King etc...? If the latter, I'm sure a lot of has to do with conjuring up interest for the draft. Drafts with QB debates make for much better t.v. and draw a lot more interest IMO.

2015 - Winston vs. Mariota
    2014 - Bortles vs. Manziel vs. Bridgewater vs. Carr
    2012 - Luck vs. RG3
    2011 - Newton vs. Locker vs. Gabbert

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Wasn't trying to be insensitive. Facetious, yes. Insensitive, I hope not.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

It's a common phrase. And I didn't think you were trying to be insensitive. I just hate that phrase. I would get into why but not the right place.

11. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

Goff has been average this year in college, he honestly reminds me of sam bradford.. i dont get the hype with him

12. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Didn't realize Boykin was 6'2 215 pounds

14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't agree about the Goff hype either, but he'll be drafted. Trevone Boykin will be lucky to be picked at all.

16. awc713

awc713 Member

I don't know man Timmy Chang would thrive with the Texans

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Lol, you lose pretty much all credibility by posting something like this.

Im not sure if you're being serious or not, though.

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Goff has been average when he's getting his OLine blown up within a millisecond of hiking the ball. That means he's played excellent under the conditions he's faced.

Im sure he'd love to face the likes of Stephen F Austin and Iowa St. on a regular basis, but that's why guys like Boykin look "good".

19. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

1. Johnny Manziel
    3. AJ McCarron
    6. Tajh Boyd
    8. Aaron Murray
    9. Geno Smith

All great NFL QBs.

:rolleyes:

20. Buck Turgidson

I want to tell you a story, Skyrim and Harden2Capela. I'm going to ask you both (?) to close your eyes while I tell you the story. I want you to listen to me. I want you to listen to yourselves. Go ahead. Close your eyes, please. This is a story about a college quarterback walking off the practice field one sunny afternoon. I want you to picture that quarterback. Suddenly a golf cart races up. Two men jump off and grab him. They drag him onto a nearby field and they begin running pass rush drills on him. They see a blocking sled. Now they climb on the blocking sled. First one, then the other, pushing it, pressuring everything innocent and pure with a vicious thrust in a fog of grunts and sweat. And when they're done, after they've killed his pocket presence, murdered any chance for him to check down, to have any life beyond that tackle box, they decide to start holding up brooms. They start doing it in every passing lane imaginable. They throw them so high that the poor guy has to practically jump to throw over the line.

Can you see that quarterback? His beaten, broken body soaked in their sweat, soaked in his own blood, left to ponder the playbook. Can you see him? I want you to picture that quarterback.

Now imagine he's white.

1 person likes this.