1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Japan Warns It May Fire On Chinese Aircraft Over Disputed Islands; China Retorts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Jan 21, 2013.

1. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

Your assertion is just dumb. I thought it was a consenus here than Mainland Chinese are the most racist people in the world. Inferiority complex and being racist do not go in the samr sentence.

Anyway, if they have inferiority comeplex, we would not even be talking about this problem here. They would just hide in the corner and let Japan take the few pieces of rock. The problem is that they are too cocky to claim anything remotely close to their border knowing that it might lead to military confrontation. The situation in East Asia would be much less dangerous than it is now if what you said is true.

2. zoids

zoids Member

PRC wants US out of Pacific more than seeing Japan re-arm. Japan's SDF is already no different from any real army except the name anyways. Taiwan still wants US around because they need protection, but when it comes to Diaoyu issue, ROC and Taiwanese people (mainstreet, not gov't) share the same thinking and feelings with the mainland Chinese. They want the islands taken back, doesn't matter PRC gets it or ROC. You can easily tell by just look at how their activists actually work together to sail to the islands to protest.

[​IMG]

All these info were missing in all western reports, that's why most of the uninformed in the west are wrong.

3. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

Do you even think before you talk BS? Your assertion in the quote is one of most dumbest I have read in a while. If the US leaves Asia, Japan will go nuclear the next second. It will be the ultimate nightmare not only to the Chinese, but also to the Koreans and other South East Asian countries. Think before you write please.

4. zoids

zoids Member

You think China scared of nuclear weapons? Do you even know geography? The whole western of China is big mountains and plateaus. PRC has been building lots of military and anti-nuclear tunnels in all those mountains already.

http://www.matthewaid.com/post/20449276934/the-chinese-alternate-military-command-center-at

Only uneducated ignorant dumb ass like yours truly think China scares of nuclear when push comes to shove or do or die fight. 80% of civilians might die completely along the coastline, the PLA simply can not be eliminated at all.

5. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

Yeah right. I'm sure the few pieces of rock in the middle of nowhere is enough for a do or die fight. The uneducated ignorant dumbass is in your mirror.

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This sort of attitude seems remarkably prevalent among average people in the PRC. Every time I hear a "man on the street" type interview, it generally comes across as eager like this for massive war with Japan (or whichever country is in the cross hairs at the moment), or even nuclear war. If they ever get what they want, I imagine they will pretty quickly change their tune but at that point, of course, it will be too late.

Hopefully, it never gets to the point where the government feels like it has to go to war to appease the Jingoism on the street (that the government itself created as a lever on power), but I'm thinking that is exactly where they might eventually find themselves.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you think that the Diaoyu's are the only issue between the Chinese and Japan you are again very uninformed. There are several other disputes regarding how Japan treats WWII and trade. As far as the ROC and PRC cooperating on Diaoyu yes they both want to see it in Chinese hands but that doesn't mean the governments will just unite to go battle the Japanese.

As far as Japan already having a real army they have a military but one that can't really project power and most importantly doesn't have WMD. If Japan were to rearm they could have those in a month or so.

Considering that my dad was a Diaoyutai protester in the 1970's in Hong Kong and Taiwan and that I travel relatively frequently to Hong Kong and PRC I am fairly well informed regarding Asian news sources and probably know more about the history of the Diaoyutai issue than you.

Again if you think that PRC's only issue with Japan is the Diaoyutai and that they have no problem with an armed Japan you are misinformed. If you believe that the PRC actually would be OK with fighting a nuclear war with a rearmed Japan and or the US you are dangerously misinformed.

The PRC government has a lot of problems but being eager for war isn't one them. While a lot of hot heads on the street might think war might be cool there are still many in the PRC including in the leadership who remember how devastating a century of war was on China.

8. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

This is one area where the authoritarian technocratic CCP regime is a good thing. They will sabre rattle and stoke up nationalism but they know that a war with another major power isn't a good thing. With a few exceptions in the last 20 years PRC foreign power has been soft power and even where they have disputes with their neighbors they still mostly rely on trade and economic development to push their interest.

The leadership isn't going to risk 30 years of rapid economic development on a brutal war against one of their trade partners.

9. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

That way of thinking is really dangerous. Even in this thread here, a few idiots actually think WWIII may not actually be all bad.

Yeah right, the WWII which was mainly fought with machine guns and rifles had been good for the world economy....so WWIII which in all likelihood will involve nuclear weapons might not be a terrible idea. Is that really what you are thinking? I can just "Wow". How more stupid can you guys get?

1 person likes this.
  10. WNBA

WNBA Member

China was a complete and biggest loser in WWII in that:
    never had a chance to revenge.
    never got an apology.
    never got any compensation.
    lost more than 30 million people in most inhuman way
    There are islands are still under Japan's control.
    Japan is still playing an active roll in USA' anti-China plot.
    and confusion: what had China done making Japanese hating China so much like now?

What should 1.4 billion Chinese people feel? What should be their attitude?

Nationalism? Jingoism? How many more ignorant words can you senseless idiots can pull out?

11. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Ok, ok you go to fight your WW3. Please just don't drag us into it. I don't want to die, at least not yet.

12. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Oh boo hoo, tell that to pretty much everyone on continental Europe outside of the Soviets.

Yes we have.

Which have never belonged to China aside from the Ming dynasty basically declaring 500 years ago "yeah, we own everything in the Pacific because we're just that awesome" and doing nothing else.

We don't hate you. I'll admit that we don't like the Chinese because China has spent forever throwing its weight around Asia, all the more so in the last 20 years, but hate is too strong. And what does hate have anything to do with the fact that we are not going to roll over to the Chinese and give them whatever resources they want because they demand it?

13. zoids

zoids Member

I never said Diaoyu Tai is the ONLY problem. BTW, not only you are from Hong Kong and know we started fighting the issue since 70s.

Stop putting words into my mouth.

14. zoids

zoids Member

Yeah, the PRC gov't got their nationalism going pretty strong. However, I don't remember anyone with common sense suggested full out invasion of Japan. Most of the protesters only want the islands back and that's it; this is where the western media is spreading their propaganda by highlighting the extreme dumb brainwashed peasants and paint every Chinese in the same stroke.

You must have not looked at how they do it in Korea yet if you think the Chinese is over-reacting.

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Well you did write,

16. zoids

zoids Member

The funny thing here is no one is dragging US into the dispute except Japan, and your other third world Asian alliances. It doesn't help that your dumb gov't and your whole culture are based on meddling in every single thing around the world.

Can't blame China on this one.

17. zoids

zoids Member

To you it's only a few pieces of rock, obviously not to Japan or China or USA.

You must be one hell of a super genius who is smarter than all those gov't strategic think tanks and policy makers.

BTW, I never said there will be do or die fight, I am just saying when shxt comes down, China won't be scared or affected by nuclear weapons as much as you guys think. Stop spinning my words, I was just giving out different cases and then go to the most extreme case to prove my point. Someone needs to go back to school for comprehension skill here...

18. zoids

zoids Member

Yes, I did say "just take back the islands", it was because we were talking about the Diaoyu Tai issue here mate... not the whole Japan - China political relationship.