1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Rambo Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lost_elephant, Nov 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. bucky99

bucky99 Member

That's why you start the ball in Lin's hands, because Lin will run the called play and pass it to the open guy, whether it's Harden, Parsons, Delfino. And that way, Lin won't be the one receiving the catch and shoot. =p

1 person likes this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Jordan said he missed more game winners than he made so?

3. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

When the play was drawn up he had a confused face and parsons had to explain it to him....

4. jocar

jocar Member

If you were watching the same game, the play was drawn up for a Delfino 3 from the wing. He got tied up in the paint trying to wrap around someone. No more threads plz, ur 2 sentences are not that important

5. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Did you really think the coach actually had a great play drawn up? Seriously, you don't even know what's going on during that last Timeout. You do notice that most of the plays tonight is where Harden creates his own shot or pass out to an open player.

During the last play, they played him great 1 on 1 and everyone else was well guarded by the defense. The Rockets were down by 3 and Harden is the only one that has the best shot at making it. So what else was he supposed to do? Become a Lebron James and just launch a 25 foot fade away three?

I'm tired of all this crap by some of these posters. Its like they judge players on the most ridiculous things ever. You're acting like the Rockets themselves have a great offensive game or something. Have you seen the Rockets play this year? All their offense is basically ISO or P&R. They don't have that motion offense where everyone moves with the flow of the offense and the ball finds the open player. They don't set screens for Harden to run off of. They just give it to Harden at the last 7 seconds and just spread out and watch.

I really feel that the last shot should be drawn up better. But it was basically give it to James Harden, everyone just spread out and let him go to work on one of the best defensive team in the NBA and have him make the game tying 3 pointer in less than 7 seconds. I wish the coach would have set 2 screens for Harden to run off and make a catch and shoot, much more than just ISO him against all those defenders from the Heat.

6. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Harden is clueless

Harden is clueless.

Worst defender on our team according to synergy sports. He's 1 of 6 from 3pt line tonight and he's kept shooting like an idiot. The game would be over if he made smarter decisions earlier or put in effort to defend. The last shot is the same old no movement iso hero shot which cost us a few wins already.

7. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

So you were against the trade, then jumped on Harden's jock after his first 2 games, and now you're back off. Holy ****!

8. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

thought he would have trust his team mates more. i mean the 2 possession prior to jacking up shots, he set up for morris and parsons for 3s.

stop shooting with defenders on you!!!

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Harden's clueless, Lin sucks, McFail is a terrible coach, Morey is a dumb geek, Rockets are a joke, Les needs to wear socks, blah blah blah...tell me more, tell me something new. :)

2 people like this.
  10. liunatic

liunatic Member

I agree it was a bad shot at the iso ball, but considering he has such a prominent roll on offense I can understand why he is the worst defender on our team. It's extremely hard to be a two way player the entire game and I don't think he's to that level yet.

Harden will learn from his mistakes, we will be fine. Hell we are supposed to tank this year.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Lin fans blame harden. Harden fans blame Lin

1 person likes this.
  12. chef0010

chef0010 Rookie

Exactly! Some of these "fans" are ridiculous. Why even watch the rockets if you hate them so much

13. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

heck if parsons can do it, he can do it.

not only parsons had to guard lebron, he had to guard wade at times. parsons guarded superstars and put up 25pts.

14. FearTheBeardJH

Mr. Airball is clueless.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Les has a creepy laugh ;).

1 person likes this.
  16. sando

sando Member

Asik rules?

1 person likes this.
  17. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Well it's going to be a learning process through out this season. Just the way it is with such a young and inexperienced team. Until Harden can learn to trust his teammates, we can expect it and expect it a lot... Beardsanity > IsoHarden.

18. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I'm not here to knock or defend any player but Harden DID run a play, or at least improvised, swung the ball which lead to a completely open shot for Lin to win the game.

They get the ball back, why not go for it himself? He's at least got the stones to take it, despite not having the success with it lately. That shows something in my book.

But HELLO, the Heat knew the Rockets (and Harden's) only play was to shoot the three. They had all avenues to get a good look locked down. They are arguably the best defensive team for a reason. And LeBron is one of the best one-on-one defenders in the league. Not only did he play the three but he shaded Harden to shoot moving to his off-hand.

Give the Heat some da** credit for making the right defensive play. Harden played well in the 4th, setting up guys all over the court for open looks as well as the aforementioned play getting Lin a look to win the game. When it was do or die time, he put it on his shoulders.

It didn't go in, but I'd rather have the star of the team have the "want to" in that situation than not.

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

I love both of them & honestly I don't blame either. We are a young team so I fully expected all of this. Was a fun game but VERY frustrating down the stretch. Young teams don't close games well. But there were flashes of greatness.

20. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

You're saying OP is a Lin fan since 2006? YOU are clueless!