1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James O'Keefe series

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tmacfor35, Oct 17, 2016.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Their is a crazy cyber attack going on right now.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was obvious from his ACORN video that there was wrongdoing... until it came out that there wasn't and that he made the video look like something was happening that wasn't despite it appearing clear in his version of the video.

He has made numerous videos, not one of them has been honest and actually showed what he was trying to make it look like.

If this one does, it will be the first time ever from him. So people who are skeptical are only being smart. He could easily remove any doubt. But he won't release it, and claims that he is telling a story. Story tellers aren't reporters of the truth necessarily so who knows?

If I asked a question to the guys like, if you wanted to incite violence at a Trump rally how would you do it?, then recorded their answer, doctored the questions asked, changed the order of things, you could make it look like they were inciting violence at Trump rallies without too much trouble.

I have no idea if that's what happened. I'm open to the idea that these guys really did some wrong and possibly fraudulent things. But I'm not going to take O'Keefe's word or video for it. He's never posted the truth in one of his videos yet. So why should anyone believe him now?

JayGoogle likes this.
  3. tmacfor35

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

5. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This kid gets too much undue attention. He sets up conversations for an "expose" and then releases selectively edited video to "prove" the conspiracy. Ultimately, after real investigation, we find there is no there there. By that time, of course, there has been political damage and fallout. At this point, it seems Democrats just decide to not fight him outright (which keeps him in the headlines) but just have the key marks fade to the background so the story can die.

And the GOP wonders where Trump came from? They created him. And tools like this kid are part of that machine.

6. tmacfor35

Sounds like a liberal conspiracy LOL

7. Granville

Granville Member

I have been interviewed on TV more than once and they have edited the interview 2 out of 3 times.

This is not an interview. It's an undercover piece. There is going to be a lot of dead space when you turn the camera on and let it roll versus a traditional interview setting. You have to edit these types of video shoots.

There's no sensible reason for the subjects of the video to start making up detailed stuff like they did.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Guys, just letting u know: I voted earlier and it was not--repeat NOT--for the candidate whose name rhymes with C-H-U-M-P. If anything happens to me, just letting u know: I have the Wikileaks documents where HRC gave the nuke codes to Muslims-on-Crack Lives Matter. So mad!!! :mad: Waiting for the perfect moment to drop this info, one second after CHUMP o_O unleashes his lawsuits against those people who have p*****s or whatever. But if I get wasted by RADICAL MUSLIMS EXTREMISTS, i have installed a special drain in my floor and when it fills up to one gallon of my blood, a nuke will go off at Mecca and a LOTTA fliers will pop out with HRC's TREASON. Please hurry and grab ALL of them and redact them coz the nuke codes are on there, and I'm afraid some Muslims will make a nuke with it. 4:55:32.647 PST, 21 Oct in the year of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (peace be upon him) 2016 GPS 33.42551,111.940005

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Eh, you seem to be ignoring this man's history. Thus why people are asking for proof...proof that he has and is very defensive about releasing. As put above, this is very boy who cried wolfish.

Excuse me for being skeptical.

10. tmacfor35

I'm happy you voted for who you wanted!

I don't know what point you are trying to make.

11. Granville

Granville Member

And you are ignoring common sense in this particular case. The guy rambled on in detail without mentioning "if". This was stuff they were actually doing. There is proof right in front of you that you choose to ignore.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You need to research a little bit more about his history. I'm the one following common sense. A man caught lying a few times will have to prove he's not lying when he presents something else, you can give him the benefit of the doubt if you want to but I choose not to.

13. Granville

Granville Member

Believe it or not, I actually like you from what I read here. You're misguided a lot of times but you mean well. There's a reason the DNC e-mails revealed that Hillary supporters are viewed as ignorant with the party. You guys fall for any spin.... Don't believe e-mail content (that we refuse to confirm) because we think the Russian's are the one who hacked us. Even if Okeefe crying wolf in the past spin is right. The video is pretty apparent this is the time he wasn't crying wolf.

14. tmacfor35

He actually exp
    Jay is liberal.

He's just a tolerant liberal.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think the trap is thinking Democrats are ignorant as you just implied about me, but that doesn't help anything. I'll accept your backhanded compliment as well as I can.

Difference between me and you it seems is I'm open to this being 100% legit. You have decided that 100% it is legit, even despite this man's history. You aren't open to this being another trick from O'Keefe. You want to believe it so you've decided that it's real. Despite that the other side is saying no it's not. Despite his long history of setting people up and making fraudulent videos, you've just decided it is real. I've said if it's real then it is real, but a man with his past has lost credibility. The man is asked to release the unedited footage and won't. So what conclusion would most people come up with then? You have chosen to believe that every thing on the video is the truth.

That's fine. I don't really begrudge someone for thinking it is truth or stupid for thinking it is truth. Let's not act like the GOP never spins anything though and that they are always honest and conservatives never fall for any spin...Especially since many have fell for his videos before...

And here is a pretty good summary on it.
    http://time.com/4536212/james-okeefe-project-veritas-video-democrats/

By the way. I don't think Russia has hacked the emails. Officials in the government do. I don't really pretend to know more than them. Whether that's spin or not from the US Government, that's up for you to believe. I don't think Hillary's email's are fake either, but compared to some of the stuff the GOP has done (Lee Atwater, Southern Strategy) it's easier for me to accept what she's done. Nothing in these emails makes me go "Oh my goodness!" and scare me away from her.
    Also, I was a Bernie Supporter for that reason. To get money out of politics and overturn Citizens United. Yeah Hillary may be blowing smoke about some of the things she's said (like any politician) the difference is she said them, so it allows us on the left to pressure her to follow through with some of those things. I've never pretended she's perfect or not corrupt. I will also not pretend to say she's horrible just to say it. Issue by issue she's closer to Bernie than anyone else that ran, of course I'd support her now that Bernie is out.

Granville likes this.
  16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Thank you for making me realize how much danger we all might face. Since I'm not voting for either of the two major party candidates, I feel like I have 2 targets on my back. I'm currently rigging a doomsday scenario where if I do end up dying, Hillary and Trump will both be subjected to the song "We Built This City..." played on repeat at incredibly loud volume for 36 straight hours, and there are remote control cars and drones that will follow them around every place they go. It will be so detrimental to any public appearance that they will both choke in the final days leading up to the election, and there will be no way either of them will win this election. I urge everyone to post their doomsday preparations since O'Keefe has shown us the risk anyone who takes such a brave stand could face in the form of repercussions.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Then what would be wrong with releasing the whole unedited video?

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also the difference is the subjects in the video are coming out and saying that they have been taken out of context. Given his history I think he should. If no one came out and said anything then I'd be more willing to believe him. Not only that if you know you weren't taken out of context then why would you then ask for the full videos? It seems that would only make you look more foolish and double the liar.

https://www.thenation.com/article/what-i-really-told-project-veritas-so-called-reporters/

Here is another one saying he was taken out of context and explains how the conversation was being led.

19. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I have no doubt in my mind that the DNC paid these women to come out of the sewer and accuse Trump of sexual harassment and Jame's next video will show that.

20. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

"This is a criminal act.... and these people should be prosecuted"