1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James needs a "Robin".......Who should it be?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I think this summer we somehow have to move Anderson, Williams, Dekker, Trez, and whatever other assets we can so we can go after Griffin and Hayward. Obviously I wouldn't do it unless they let us know they are coming to Houston but if so I am going all in. Hopefully then we can fill the bench with guys who are veterans looking for rings or players who had a down year and are looking to latch onto a team. I would try for Sefolosha as well. Joe Ingles would be interesting but I think he's gonna want like $10M at least. We can't constantly just rely on 3 ball and we have to step up on defense if we want to have any chance against GS.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Should of let DMo be Robin.

J Sizzle likes this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Indeed. I've seen the light. Harden is a fraud. Tony Allen will lead us to greatness.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Turn Ryno into Blake Griffin...

5. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

don't really get how some people want BG based on his resume and the Rockets system. game is mainly athleticism based, a non 3 pt shooter, primarily a mid range shot taker which hou is obviously reluctant to use as a weapon in this system, defensively nothing to be excited about, no length. The only thing I really see that would work with him and harden is the pick and roll where he's a threat to the rim but that doesn't mean anything when he's playing next to capela where spacing becomes an issue. neither big is a threat outside so the paint is once again crowded

7. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Eric Bledsoe.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Blake was a 33% three point shooter. That's not great... but it's better than Draymond, and the Warriors seem fine spacing wise, whether they have Zaza in there or McGee.

Granted, to your point, the Rockets don't run the Warriors motion offense, but if MDA and Harden can only make this offense work with a 40% high volume 3 point shooting PF... well then they suck at their jobs.

I mean I get your points... its just injury history aside, Blake is still a really really good player, especially offensively. Your points would say that Serge would be a better pickup. I mean he'd clearly be better than Ryan Anderson, but he doesn't really move the needle enough otherwise. The upside with a Serge isn't much different. The upside with Blake could be...

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's not that good considering the 3s he takes are wide open and the amount he takes isn't exactly a real threat. teams want him to take 3s. BG is a good player but fit wise I just don't think hes really ideal. seems like a move for the sake of a bigger name more than anything to me. yeah if there was a choice you're right I would choose ibaka out of the two.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

There's plenty of strippers named Robyn to pick up.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I also think we need a player who's able to take some responsability when Harden is off, is Griffin that kind of guy? Not sure tbh, he's certainly not a mentally strong player...not saying we shouldn't go after him but yeah, just another thing to consider with injuries since we're talking about a max contract.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

James is a catwoman that starts b**** fights and tantrums right before important games. We need a robin, Batman and a Alfred.

macho87 likes this.
  13. caneks

caneks Rookie

This team need two alphas, who are homegrown. not going to happen any time soon.

14. basketballholic

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Frank Mason, Ricky Rubio and Conley Jr. off the pine.

16. JayZ750

Yeah, I'm not saying its great, I'm saying its good enough, given his other offensive skills. And yeah, he doesn't take a HUGE volume. He was 4 of 6 in the playoffs before getting hurt, which moved his overall 3p% regular season and playoffs to 35%... which itself lets you know he didn't take a huge volume, just 119 overall, so less than 2 a game.

Serge Ibaka is a role player. Which, again, is probably an improvement over Ryno given Serge can play defense a bit... but he's just a role player. Look at how he played in the playoffs, against Cleveland for example, and that's what you're going to get. Mid teens scoring on meh efficiency with 15 boards, 4 assists, 3 steals and 1 block in 4 games. In other words, putrid...

Whereas healthy Blake, in the playoffs, two years ago, was almost the best player in the playoffs up through Q3, game 6 against the Rockets.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I don't know anything about Frank Mason but if he is the next _holic project, then good luck to him.

I remember Spencer Dumbwiddie and Josh Harrellson being _holic projects.

18. JayZ750

Agreed... but that isn't happening.

I mean if the question is can you go to Blake offensively when Harden is off, the answer is absolutely yes. If the question is bigger picture if Harden is off can someone be a secondary leader to be an "alpha" personality and take over... no...

Not only can Blake not do that, James wouldn't let him, he doesn't want that.

Vivi likes this.
  19. basketballholic

No you don't. Those guys were NEVER at the top of my list. Just because I said Harrellson is better than Terrence? Like he isn't better than Terrence? Harrellson is still better than Terrence. LOL

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LMAO. You hitting the bottles early today?

Josh harrellson last played an NBA game in 2013/2014. He has started a grand total of 4 NBA games. LOL

Where is your project these days or for the past 3 years? Lulz.