1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden won the Players Choice Award MVP?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Texanasiafan, Jul 21, 2015.

1. bongman

bongman Member

The term value is not subjective. If I only have $8 in my wallet, losing $4 would be more valuable to anybody compared if they had $20. That is how value is measured. You are taking their wins with no context at all.

Curry won with a relatively healthy squad all year long while Harden had to deal with all the different rotations due to injuries (including Dwight) and still won 56 games.

2. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

The other day ESPN talked about these Player Awards. They even suggested who should win them... I'm not even kidding.

Obviously, they chose Curry for Players MVP, lmfao.

By the way, I've got bad news for anyone that doesn't think there will be bias in any awards discussion. The difference here is NBA players aren't pushing an agenda. ESPN & Yahoo talked non-stop about Curry last season and now, guess what, he's the most popular player in the league. HMMMM.

3. bongman

bongman Member

In addition, nobody has even mentioned Iggy who got the finals MVP and deservingly so. They had more weapons to throw in the court than we can so obviously it is not difficult to see why they had that regular season record.

4. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Yeah, I forgot all about those turnovers. The only other person I've seen bring that up was a Rockets hater on the ESPN boards earlier today...

Please, just stop. The media, your "professionals," crowned Curry the MVP long before the playoffs even started. Bias doesn't get any worse than that. At least many of these players have gone toe to toe with Harden, Curry and LeBron and know how it is to bump bodies against them, how hard they fight and how much they do for their teams.

Your opponents understand you in ways your observers can only imagine.

5. Valio!

Valio! Member

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The same type of "professionals" that STILL haven't voted Jeff Bagwell, easily a top 10 first baseman of all time, into the HOF

7. photojoe

photojoe Member

In my post, I made sure to say that I thought James Harden was more deserving of the MVP than Steph Curry was. IMO, Harden was much, much more valuable to his team than Steph Curry was. Unfortunately no one, not the media and definitely not the players, asked me to vote for who I thought should win MVP. Bummer.

I'm sorry if it came across this way. I definitely was not trying to 'force everyone to agree with me'

Hmm. Interesting analogy between media and player's awards vs BCS and college football playoffs. The analogy falls a little bit short though. In the BCS/CFP, the new system replaced the old one. In the NBA, there are still the media awards in addition to the new player's awards. Who knows? Maybe at some point in several years from now, players and coaches and fans will value the NBA player's awards more than the traditional media awards? But at this point in time, they don't. The main thing that I was trying to say is that I just wonder if some Rockets fans (who are biased homers, just like I am) are saying that the player's awards specifically because our player won that award but not the other one? I don't know? Just a thought?

2014-2015 was absolutely an MVP caliber, amazing season by James Harden. He deserved the player's MVP award. I think he deserved the media MVP award as well, but oh well. I will also look back on this past year as an MVP year by Harden. I'm glad that I was able to watch it.

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Lebron did not even attend this award because he knew he did not get the MVP.

lol

9. Sino rocketfan

I still think Harden is a more dominant player than Curry.
    Curry is just the best player of the best team.

10. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Yeah I agree. Curry is unreal and is crazy fun to watch. I'd rather have Harden on my squad though. Curry is great at attacking the basket, but the fact of the matter is he is primarily a shooter. Harden attacks the basket better than Curry which in my mind really allows for players on the perimeter to get open. If you throw enough guys at Curry, he'll stop being effective. What we needed in the GSW series was another body. Lawson will be able to somewhat limit him, but throwing a fresh Bev at him will be amazing. Along with Ariza helping off of Barnes.

11. jbasket

jbasket Member

I hate to break it to you Nimo, but um... what?

If you compare the amount of film watched, the players blow the media out of the water. It isn't even close for any position.

Dwight watches more film on any guard or post player than any media member. Guaranteed. Where do you think he gets his elite help defense from? He has to understand their tendencies.

When I heard about the player voting, I was ecstatic. This award has so much more credibility.

Every day, the team has a film session. The players also individually watch film, on their own time, on the plane, and after practice. Heck, we even saw Rockets players on the bench watching film during the game.

So if you compare the voting:

Both parties have bias?
    But in terms of knowledge? The players blow the media out of the water. I don't know how to express to you how much the divide is.

Are there knowledgeable media members out there? Yea, for sure. Few and far between.

Realize that the media's job is for "good reads" or clicks. The are trying to appeal to the majority of the populace; the average fan. And the average fan is not smart.

Skip Bayless is an idiot. Have you seen Fran Blinbury recently? Many of the media members that vote do not have any credentials or credibility to accurately assess the whole league.

Do you think Bill Worrell is as knowledgeable as anybody on the Rockets?

Durant is exactly right: the media isn't in the film room, and it shows. Many didn't play basketball at a high level either.

12. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Hey did anyone notice that harden was limping when he was accepting the award. Looked slow to walk. Wonder if he injured his foot or something. Hope nothing serious
    Someone find out or post a clip please !

13. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Harden was even walking funny to the podium. The Kardashian has to go ASAP

14. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Just his 'swagger'

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Typical Harden acrossing the half court with 17 seconds left.

16. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

Yeah and then passing the award to Beverly with 2 seconds left on the clock :rolleyes::)

17. beardnation

beardnation Member

<div data-freeform-responsive="true"><iframe share="BET" src="http://www.bet.com/content/betcom/video/the-players-awards/2015/acceptance-speeches/mvp-award-james-harden.share.responsive-true.html" width="100%" height="535" frameborder="0"></iframe><script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.bet.com/etc/designs/betcom/js/share.js"></script></div>

1 person likes this.
  18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Is it me, or did Harden looked like he had a slight limp?

19. clutz

clutz Member

bone on bone

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

My wife just said the same thing too. He looked a bit gimpyish. Oh well not a cause for concern