1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden won the Players Choice Award MVP?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Texanasiafan, Jul 21, 2015.

1. rocketseagles07

I'm cool with it if it's true because he was right up there with curry. Having said that as a diehard rockets/beard fan curry deserved it. And yes I agree harden had way more of a load to carry and if you took him off the rockets roster we'd be in the lottery.

2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Harden is the people's champion and the players' MVP. The media elite want to guard their NBA crown from the lowborn. Harden may not be the progeny of a Sixth Man of the Year. He may not have the lemon cake lifestyle the tastemakers prefer. But he'll storm the kingdom and the castoffs, bastards, and free folk will soon have their day.

1 person likes this.
  3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He did that was actually announced months ago. To me this means more than it being from the Media.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Getting praise from actual NBA players who know basketball is way better than getting it from the media. Also the idea around the league is that the Rockets are the most hated team if that were true about biases harden would not get it.

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

It was announced Sunday night. There was a small poll of players done months ago that showed Harden with a slight lead, but no one knew the results until this week's show (which airs on TV tonight).

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Please don't think that just because we are Rockets and we support Harden that we are to diehard to know when a guy does or does not deserve MVP especially on this board.

1 person likes this.
  7. Nimo

Nimo Member

Aren't we getting the idea that the Rockets are the most hated team from the media. The biased media. I'll take a coach's vote over both media and players, that's my opinion. As unpopular as it might be :)

1 person likes this.
  8. Nimo

Nimo Member

Hey, I am not alone

9. seeingred

seeingred Member

the media is way too influential in sports. what do they bring to the table? Ill-informed, biased, click-baiting, lowest common denominator shock jocks. things like this, the Player's Tribune, and the NFL Player's Choice are a nice change of pace. Congrats to James.

10. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure everyone laughed when they heard Iggy won MVP.

How does anyone who watches basketball not see how beautifully Steph runs the offense and sets up his teammates? Not to mention, every time he makes a 3, it feels like a dagger.

I don't blame anyone for picking Harden over Curry. It was a close race and in the end, it's just my opinion.

As a Rockets fan, I would've loved it if Harden won it.

11. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

i didnt laugh when iggy won. It was obvious in the final series that their most valuable player was not curry. Just as obvious in the season that their entire bench was more valuable than him.

12. The Cat

Maybe that's your own personal bias talking. I thought LeBron was more deserving than Igoudala for the series MVP, but I'd still have voted Iggy over Curry, if those were my only options.

He has a trophy showing that he did.

13. noppeper

noppeper Member

No matter how much you love the Rockets and want to support Harden, Curry was the best player in the NBA last year. The Warriors dominance was centered around his incredible shooting and handles, and opposing defenses were constantly perplexed about how to stop golden State. You take him out of that team, and they will still be good, probably still 2nd round good, but not steam roll past the whole NBA good, like they were last year.

Having said that, Harden is right up there with the elite, and that is a beautiful thing for Rocket fans. Curry, Lebron, A. Davis and Harden, those are the new Jordan, Olajuwon, Robinson, Malone. Hopefully, it won't require Curry wanting to become a professional tennis player for the Rockets to win back to backs.

1 person likes this.
  14. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

You don't think the media vote is a popularity contest? I don't play basketball everyday, but I play enough to tell you that, going up against someone gives you a much better idea of how good they are than watching them on TV.

You think players are impressed by Curry when playing GSW? No, they're impressed with the whole team and Curry is the icing on the cake. You think players feel the same way about HOU?

15. rocketseagles07

Everyone isn't so objective but I got you.....

16. rocketseagles07

BTW popularity is definitely involved especially this year. A lot of journalists will tell you straight up harden isn't a "fun" player to watch. Obviously us rockets fans know thats complete bull**** and that his ft's are only one part of what made him so lethal last year...

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The "WARRIORS" were dominant. Klay Thompson was also in talks for league MVP. Draymond Green was also a top Defensive player of the year candidate. James Harden did not have any of that. It's ridiculous how people just ignore Klay Thompson in order to give all credit to Curry. Thompson was only just a little less important that Curry. To put in terms you understand if James Harden missed one game, we lost. If James Harden scored less than 15 points we lost. You cannot say the same thing about Steph Curry we had 13 pt games. No matter how you slice it Steph Curry stat wise was the weakest MVP in over a decade because he had tons of help.

18. The Cat

I disagree. I think Harden was better than Curry last year, and I also think LeBron James was better than both.

Why are some of you so obsessed with these declarative statements? Look, if you think Curry is the deserving MVP and best player in the league, more power to you. But these declarative statements about how what you're saying is 100% fact with no room for disagreement are just silly. It's your opinion, and it's a valid one. So are those of other people.

19. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rockets star James Harden gets MVP honors in voting by players <a href="http://t.co/Vq2lm8aOFw">http://t.co/Vq2lm8aOFw</a></p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/status/623602685149773825">July 21, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that's racist…..Black Entertainment Television obviously has a big bias against non-black players like curry :eek: