1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden vs Kawhi Leonard

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by celebrevida, Feb 14, 2017.

?

Which player would you prefer as your cornerstone?

1. James Harden

64 vote(s)
    66.0%
  2. Kawhi Leonard

29 vote(s)
    29.9%
  3. Prefer Equally

4 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Harden is a great player and I can understand choosing him. But the level of homerism and lack of objectivity is truly extraordinary.

Saying that Leonard isn't leading and can't lead a team is truly bizarre. Who do people think is leading the Spurs to the second best record on the NBA right now, Aldridge???

And for those who think that only a ball dominant player can lead a team, was Shaq or Hakeem ball dominant like Harden is? Yet if I said those players couldn't lead teams, you'd think it absurd!

Its subjective, but if you asked this question on spurstalk.com, you will see a completely different answer.

More seriously if you asked neutral fans, the poll results with be more 60/40 in favor of Leonard.

2. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

[​IMG]

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It's difficult to theorize an even swap when fit matters. Our roster was constructed for a run and gun offense which doesn't fit Leonard's style. Harden probably could do well under Popovich, so I'll give Harden the nod on being more versatile. Harden is a better ball handler, but Leonard is able to get to his spot off the dribble and posting up well on his own. Harden has better court vision and is better suited as a guard. Leonard is a lockdown defender.

The biggest knock I have on Harden is how much he shrinks in a playoff series when teams focus on shutting him down. When he's not involved in the flow of the offense, he doesn't have much impact on the game. Leonard, on the other hand, is able to shut down the opposing team's ball handler and make a bigger impact even if he's having an off-shooting night.

celebrevida likes this.
  4. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

This is fundamentally why Leonard is better. You can easily envision Leonard contributing to his team akin to a glue guy even if his shooting if off. This is far less true of Harden.

5. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

I just wanted to come in here to you to Shut the **** up and get the **** out of here with this dumb ass ****! No way in hell would I choose Kawhi over MVP James Harden, no one has ever put up numbers like what James harden is doing this year! It's unheard of! James harden is on another level! **** you and Kawhi and the damn spurs!

6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

That's all it is. Nothing's up for debate here, OP's just looking for people to agree with him.

No one feels like conjuring up a ton of numbers that consistently prove why Harden's MVP case is far, far superior then Kawhi's.

OP,

If you go to Spurs talk you can find more like minded individuals that will talk with you about how impressive his defense, big hands & his incredible career high of 40 points are. (Dare i forget his steals on Curry? Cool!)

Also you could always make a twitter (where all the smart people are) poll to bolster your 60/40 argument. Have fun, I packed you lunch.

RedNation likes this.
  7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

kawhi. He puts out, Harden doesn't apparently.

8. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Harden all day. Give me flash, Hollywood and Bentleys over lunch pails, San Antonio and F-150's every day of the week. Harden looks good, Kawhi just works hard and winning is overrated. ;)

#28 tiger0330, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Kawhi's Spurs are unrivaled this year when it comes to winning. The gap between the Kawhi Antonio Leonards & any other team with an "MVP candidate" (lol real MVPs play defense, who needs triple doubles?) is just inmeasurable. 3 whole ****ing games, **** out of my face James Haren, **** you too Popivich THIS IS KAWHIS TEAM LOWKEY MVP NO DRAMA BABY.

10. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

This thread title is a bit misleading. It needs to be corrected to say James Harden vs. Greg Popovich. Which guy would you prefer as your cornerstone?

Invisible Fan likes this.
  11. Blunder

Blunder Member

o_O

Pop plays? Or does Harden coach? I don't get it...

12. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Nah, should be

Harden and MDA versus Kawhi, LMA, Gasol and Pops

We're on their tail.

Tha_Dude and RedNation like this.
  14. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

So anyone changing their vote?

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  15. BackdoorHarden

Kawhia Leroy just won the MVP tonight.

WOW. Offense and defense.

Lenoard for MPV

16. BackdoorHarden

Tonight's game show why Kawhi is the MVP.

Kawhi's defense is just so much better than Harden

17. Outlier

Outlier Member

Kawhi for MVP

18. BackdoorHarden

19. gunawanspurs

gunawanspurs Member

As a Spurs fan, Kawhi Leonard has & will never ceased to amaze me, ever. No emotion whatsoever after two big plays offensively & defensively to close the game, the guy's just machine, somebody needs to check whether he's actually a terminator sent from the future. [​IMG]

20. BackdoorHarden

MVP went from Harden 52 to 0 to 52 to 14 Kawhi after tonight