1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Twitter Debate/Discussion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Apr 30, 2013.

1. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

I can't believe people here are going out of their way to s*it on Harden. The Cat and Reeko are the ones providing facts that ALL superstars went through this their first time around in the playoffs. No perspective. Harden is following the same path Durant, Kobe, LeBron all went through. Why wouldn't everybody back our guy, and hell no we don't want curry our guy is better (which is factually true). I can't believe some clowns here.

2. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Curry is playing better and is more clutch but harden is easier to build around. I can't remember the last time harden made two jumpshots in a row

3. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

So you're saying Steve Nash wasn't a star because he didn't drive enough?

4. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

One person has a hot streak, and all of a sudden he's God here while our guy goes gold for a couple of games and he's a scrub. Un-fu**ing-believable

5. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

he got lucky with that 3... and the second game they lost so his 'good' game was irrelevant...

6. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

Calm down. I've been a big fan of Curry's game since the 2nd half of his rookie career. Like I said though, I would only take Curry over Harden if it wasn't for his bum ankle.

7. FearTheBeardJH

Durant was 20yo and went against one of the best perimeter defenders of all time Artest and Phil Jackson.

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

No, but there were definitely a lot of players in the league better than him.

9. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Curry is scarily good but I didn't know he's available to the Rockets. Or are we now randomly comparing each player to the other 449 players?

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Seriously if you're going to have a discussion don't take you ball away and say have to home. You sound like a 12 year old.

11. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

True but if you use your logic, it's like saying Monta Ellis > Nash because he drives and gets to the FT line more.

12. The Cat

Ha. Artest was FAR from peak form in 2010. He had noticeably begun slipping on the defensive end, even the season before here in Houston. Lateral quickness a major issue. He was still a good defender, but no better (and perhaps worse) than Sefalosha is today.

Durant was in his third season and his first as a playoff alphadog. Harden is in his fourth season and his first as a playoff alphadog.

13. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

So its fine to make excuses for other guys, but when we make excuses for harden, people have a problem with it. Makes no sense

14. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

This is a forum guys people will have different opinions. Curry or Harden is a legitimate debate and I can see it from both ways.

15. FearTheBeardJH

No, but Durant is just few months older than Harden so bringing up how worse he was 3 years ago is irrelevant.

16. RocketRed84

RocketRed84 Member

Harden >> Curry. Harden will bounce back in Game 5.

17. The Cat

Monta Ellis has never even had a PER above 19.0. His TS% is regularly in the mid-40s.

I'm not saying slashers are necessarily better than those that aren't. It's about the context. Folks in this thread are trying to dismiss Harden, relative to Curry, by somehow acting as if a checklist of skills on paper directly equates to value on the floor. In reality, some are more important than others. Curry might have a more diverse skillset than Harden, depending on your guidelines, but the fact is that however it happened, Harden's season was superior to Curry's by most judgments. That's the reality, and if you're trying to twist out of it by some bizarre checklist, then you're obviously not weighting the categories appropriately.

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

By nearly every statistical measure, Harden is superior to Curry. Curry has just been hot this series, and Harden had one bad game. That doesn't change the big picture though.

Curry is playing a much weaker team too.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

bull****. When has Durant had to come off the bench? Durant started since he was drafted and was not very impressive his first 2 seasons. His team was one of the worst in the NBA.

Harden comes here never playing starters minutes, knows NONE of his teammates, if pushed to play 40 minutes a game since he has no backup and you say it's irrelevant?

20. The Cat

LOL. Age has little to do with it. Whether your body is 20, 23, 25 or 27, you're in your prime. Comparisons are made based on time and situations in the league.

Let's say you have a hypothetical 21-year-old in his third year in the NBA. If you were trying to compare his situation, which is more appropriate?

A.) A 23-year-old in his third year in the NBA
    B.) A 21-year-old rookie

I'm willing to bet 99.9% would say A, as they should.