1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden suspended one game by NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by a711, Mar 2, 2015.

1. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

It's an automatic suspension once you intentionally kick, punch someone, it doesn't matter if it landed, or not.

I do blame the refs letting the game get to that point, it was a badly refereed game.

2. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Not surprising. Lebron flopped his ass off to sell it. Harden deserves some time off.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not surprised.

Harden isn't a dirty player but just lost his cool. It happens and he'll be back the next game stronger and smarter.

4. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

On one hand I'm pissed cuz it's a BS suspension, and on the other im glad Harden will get the extra rest. Conflicted but still **** LeBitch

5. Remix

Remix Member

It was a dumb move by Harden and I hated it when it happened. Hopefully Harden just learns from this and moves on.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Why? If anything this should be an opportunity to see what the Rockets can do. Rockets have been too reliant on Harden anyway. This will be a good test for DMO, TJ, Brew, and Smoove to be the primary scorers. It will be a good to see Prigs, Nick to get some ball handling practice. Let's see what Mchale can do when he doesn't have Harden to rely on.

I would be ok with Ariza not playing or getting reduced minutes, but everyone else should play.

Giving up games when you're in the West is a no no. Some of you are too quick to just concede games. At least that's what I'm assuming by some asking to sit players just because Harden is out.

7. The Law

The Law Member

He has been acting like an ass for 10 years? Why is this your first impression? Lol

8. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Yeesh. This team without James.

Shudder

This game will further build his case for MVP.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If I'm Les Alexander, I'm headed straight to Adam Silver's office to ask for an explanation as to why LeBron isn't being suspended for pinning Beverley to the ground from a position of dominance. If anything, THAT act was far more threatening, and violent than what Harden did. I didn't have a problem with the suspension, but I certainly have a problem with LeBron once again coming away scott free. He got into 3 total incidences yesterday, and came away with exactly one technical foul, which was a double tech anyways.

10. amaru

amaru Member

Not shocked.

Loss of composure and poor officiating allowed that game to get out of control. A blown offensive foul and pin down (unintentional or not) by LBJ started the festivities. Things escalated with a cheap shot on Harden by Mosgov and some jawing. Should have been LeBron's second T.

This play developed when 3 fouls were uncalled and a player intentionally threw his leg out of frustration to keep LBJ back who continued to play after the whistle was blown. Call the obvious foul and it never gets to that point.

On to the next one.

11. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

LOL you have no idea what you're talking about look @ Curry game 4 w/ Rockets

12. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Oh well, he needs a good rest any way.

13. afk

afk Member

Don't worry guys. Headband Squad is on the case. :cool:

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Trap game for Atlanta. I bet we win and people say Harden isn't the MVP

15. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I hope this suspension won't hurt Harden's MVP chances.

There was a graphic yesterday about how Harden hasn't missed a game like the other MVP candidates, and Mike and Hubie both said how that should matter and help Harden's case since he has been there all season. It would be nice if Harden had that to separate himself from the other candidates but that won't be the case anymore...

The conspiracy theorist in me believes this suspension is two-fold.

1. It does put an asterisk in Harden's MVP case as people will use this as a reason not to vote for him because he was "suspended", even if it was for one game (there are people in the media that will look at this). If the Rockets lose tomorrow, people might say how "detrimental" Harden was by getting suspended in a big game

2. Then, if by chance Houston wins the game against the Hawks, people will say that Harden isn't all that valuable to the team as they just beat the #1 seed in the East without Harden. I mean, people were using the Warriors' lost to the Pacers as a case for how valuable Curry is to their team and should win MVP, totally ignoring the fact that Thompson had 39 points in that game. People in the media are that fickle and will use anything to push their agenda.

This is a total win-win for those who want to discount Houston and Harden's MVP chase, which by the number of anti-Rockets/Harden articles in the last 24 hours, is almost everyone (ESPN, BR, USAtoday, Grantland, etc.).

16. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Harden might have kicked him in the nuts but he didn't reach his dick.

17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Thought it would just be a fine... Oh well, it's KJ time!

18. photojoe

photojoe Member

I would be ok with this. Take the loss, let players rest, and come back at full strength and give everything we have for the game against Memphis!

Ariza developed "flu-like symptoms"?
    D-Mo has a "slight thigh contusion"?
    Beverley has "chest discomfort"?

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yup, exactly.
    People coming up with the hypothetical that LeBron would not be suspended if he did the same... well it hasn't happened and if it did happen, LeBron would be suspended.

McHale should take a fine and rest all the players for this game. Call up Nick Johnson and trot out a crap lineup.

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I'm fine with this suspension.

HOWEVER, I don't understand how LeBron isn't getting anything for pinning Beverely to the ground. A fine, suspension? Something? It was worth more than just a T.