1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden suspended one game by NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by a711, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Well technically skip and Stephen have the day off so it was the guest who filled in lol

2. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Always a positive for every negative but Atlanta isn't close to being unbeatable. Rockets could beat them in a 7 ga me series if healthy.

3. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Haha just read it and that's funny

I love Stephen but sometimes I do feel like he plays the favorite game when it comes to his boys in sports. I am surprised with how he has been harder on lebron this year

4. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Video or it didn't happen!

5. MONON

MONON Member

Have to disagree with you there. It was a push off action. There wasn't any snap action by Harden's knee. If the intent was a kick, he would have drawn the foot back & snapped into it. Now as for actually hitting James in the groin, when was the last time you saw a player hit there tippie-toe backwards (how's that for a girly-girl action, heypartner?) as James did. If he was hit in the groin, he would have doubled over onto Harden. Add this incident to James' flopper history.

1 person likes this.
  6. Exiled

Exiled Member

The league had a chance to look at Harden/LeBron kick.
    But did not have time to look at Patrick Beverly/LeBron + Mozguf ground push

7. marky :)

marky :) Member

Harden kicked no questions about it. Did he aim for his crotch? Doubt it. Just reflex on Harden's part to kick out.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I agree. LeBron should have been given a second technical right there.

Yes, the Beverley play pissed me off too. From the video, Bev didn't do anything to instigate LeBron's pushing him on the floor.

1 person likes this.
  9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Yup, and Lebron KNOWS he can get away with it is the ****ed up thing. No matter what dirty little plays he does or how much he intentionally and obviously flops for a call their is no major reprecussions towards him.

1 person likes this.
  10. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

A blessing in disguise. James needs some rest time to get healthier and recover a bit more from his injuries.

11. ling ling

ling ling Member

That was no kick.

That was a tickle, massage, rub down, love tap.

12. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

we can sign petition. If i knew how to write them properly i would do it. 3 clear images1. james holding Bev's chest down (warrants T), 2. James nearing Beverly's neck, 3, bump beverly while bev is standing there. 2 or 3 alone should have resulted in ejection. 2 and 3 now warrant suspension.

13. Ismail

Ismail Member

Yeah I don't get the outrage, nor do I think Lebron was being overly dirty. It was a hard foul and Harden kicked him. In the nuts. If Harden gave him a shove on defense the next time around, or lowered his shoulder into him on the next drive, I could see that being an appropriate response (ironically potentially more dangerous). Chris Paul lived on after the crotch punch, Harden will get over this too. It was just poor judgment in the heat of the moment, and I bet he regrets it.

14. Camarograna2

what lebron did to beverly is less severe than what harden did lebron. The outrage is not that harden is suspended but that nothing has been done about lequeen

15. Camarograna2

oops i dont have edit capabilities. meant to say: what lebron did to beverly is more severe than what harden did lebron. The outrage is not that harden is suspended but that nothing has been done about lequeen

16. dragician

dragician Member

It's Dmo time.

Dmolish Atlanta.

17. goyao11

goyao11 Member

It was a super chippy game, and that kick seemed to basically be a reflex rather than malicious. I'm not sure it warranted a 1 game suspension, but I guess I can see it from the other side as well.

18. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

i also believe it's a blessing in the skies.

may have the homer glasses on, but could totally see rockets pulling this one out by running the hawks to death. they have to with the lack of a playmaker.

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I agree that it was more of a reflex, but it's still a kick so I think the suspension is one of those things you just have to live with. Had he not connected with it, he would have got a Technical and we would have all forgot about it by now but because he lightly connect with Lebron, I think they have to suspend him for one game. I don't think James was specifically trying to kick Lebron in the nuts, I think he just gave a "get off me" kick and James nuts happened to be there.

...my bigger concern is the horrid officiating job by the refs in a marquee game. They let that game get out of hand by letting the Cavs mug Harden the whole game. Honestly, it diminished the quality of the game and that's unacceptable in a marquee game.

The two silver linings in this are:
    - Houston still managed to pull out a tough game with Lebron going 110% trying to take the MVP from Harden with the refs generally favoring Cleveland.
    - Harden gets some well needed rest to be ready to play a much more important game the following night against Memphis. A back to back from Atlanta to Memphis would have been a lot to ask James after this weekend's rough game.

20. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Absurd decision, but at least our man gets some well deserved rest.