1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden sighting (friend's perspective)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jfbradley1985, Jan 6, 2013.

1. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Proof? Seriously I doubt anyone really cares. All we really care is how well he is producing on the court. His job is to perform well on court, not be a role model off court. This thread is pointless.

2. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

As long as he did not cause trouble in the shop, as a customer he should be considered tolerable... You cannot ask for more than that... hey, they pay the bill..
    Some places may have big ego, expecting customers to be deferential to their service...

Just because he is a well known basketball star, why should we expect him to be humble and deferring? That is too much expectation.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Don't know why anyone is bothered by this story. He allegedly treated Cheesecake Factory workers badly. CHEESECAKE FACTORY WORKERS, not actual human beings. We talking Cheesecake Factory workers.

:p

4. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

I think the better question is will harden's ego continue to grow and at what point does that affect his relationships and chemistry with his teammates on the court? Look at Kobe tonight, had 18 pts in the 4th Q while his teammates scored 4 (4 FT)... Despite a team of 3 other hall of famers. Lost the game. Chemistry... it cannot be understated and undervalued... and the lakers are already complaining about their lack of it so far. The more harden's ego grows, the more it will affect team chemistry.

5. keez857

keez857 Member

The only thing I'm disappointed in is his lack of taste. But besides that, **** man, the service is always terrible at Cheesecake Factory. The server probably took a long as time to get to his table and Harden wanted to voice his displeasure.

6. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Honestly we are only hearing half the story... and I have heard soooo many stories about "friends" saying the met this celebrity and he\she was not nice or rude.... most of the time it is not true or is only half true.... especially is that friend is known to be an attention w****...

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

What if your friend was doing a poor job serving Harden's table that day, and Harden's attitude was a response to this?

8. Rocket_Man_2.0

I don't believe you..pics or it didn't happen..:rolleyes:

9. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

second post sums it up, another gem carl

10. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Maybe he was unhappy because he was eating at the cheesecake factory. That's like McDonald's for millionaires.

11. archinkent

archinkent Member

So up till now, apparently Lin and Parsons are nice while Harden and Morris are rude. Any info on Asik?

12. Beard

Beard Member

Not sure it counts because it was technically on the clock for him, but before a thunder game he let a couple 5 year olds sitting courtside feed him the ball for corner 3s, it was really cute. Kids parents both got them harden jerseys at halftime. Off the court I hear he likes to party, nothing major, but Westbrook and Ibaka are kind of dicks apparently and Kevin Durant is super nice as expected

13. Habs

Habs Member

I'd bet that she would. You can't just fire someone because she allegedly said a customer was rude. Especially a bigger franchise like Cheesecake Factory. That's a civil lawsuit waiting to happen.

2 of the most accomplished, richest, winning'est athletes ever actually, have a reputation for being extremely nice. I've seen them in person, they sign so many autographs it's ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94xyOpETYYs

14. AFS

AFS Member

Exactly. There's always two sides to every story.

15. gengar

gengar Member

Well he did say that Harden voiced displeasure before even ordering....

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

wow an elite athlete with an ego. who would've thought

17. Zackery

Zackery Member

I live in Southern California and work in Redondo Beach, CA which is a neighboring city to where James Harden grew up (Hathorne, CA area). Last year I went to a Chilli's in Harthorne to watch a Thunder vs. Lakers game after work. That was when I over heard the Chilli's bar tender talking to one of the customers about how James Harden has visited this Chilli's in the past and how he is kind of rude and seems to have a blowded ego.

Similar story to what the OP's friend mentioned.

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

You know, he is a human being. He wants to go out without being botherd. After awhile the constent attention wil start to wear thin so sometimes he has an off day. He isnt in a good mood.

19. macho87

macho87 Member

What would VY do?

20. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Didnt Jordan refuse pictures?. infact Autographs were a nono for him. To be fair it was a copy right thing for him, but still, elite sports people are not immune from having egos.