1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden sighting (friend's perspective)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jfbradley1985, Jan 6, 2013.

1. dchoye

dchoye Member

If he was a generous tipper , we wouldnt be this story from the waitress, would we?

2. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Funny. I was talking to my buddies this morning about how none of us find Harden particularly likeable. I wonder how many people actually think of him as their favorite player.

3. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

It's the manager's job to decide if he/she wants to offer special service to certain customers. It's my understanding that many NBA players and other athletes like to eat @ Chessecake Factory so I'm sure managers of certain chain restaurants in major sports towns are used to dealing with athletes.

4. pnr

pnr Member

He does seem cocky but he has reason to be. Hopefully he was just in a really bad mood...

5. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Oh please, the OP is a 2009-er. Take off your "Lin-foil hat" :grin:

Nash is definitely nice. And Shaq seems nice too, or at least playful. Maybe Harden is just a bit introverted since he was eating alone and that just seemed to come off as being rude.

6. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Why do you say that? Has he ever done anything to justify that opinion? Is it a stereotype because of the beard or because he doesn't have a great smile like Lin or Parsons? I've really never thought of him as having a bad rep.

Yeah I've read he likes strip clubs, but what 23yo single guy wouldn't if he had wads of cash.

7. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

I never understood looking up to any celebrity. I mean its nice to like certain attributes about a person but the idea that children should look up to athletes, movie stars or singers seems somewhat dumb.

Appreciate their work ethic, beauty or talent but do not idolize them for no one is without flaws. I would rather admire certain characteristics of a person.

Just because he is a great basketball player, it obviously doesn't mean he is a nice guy. Of course this is just one account from one waiter; we all have our moments of weakness and no one wants to be judged by their worst moment.

1 person likes this.
  8. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Yeah, as a woman, it does bother me that he likes strip clubs.

But thinking about it more, I guess if he's not ready to be tied down yet to any relationship or he doesn't want to risk something that happened to Kobe, be accused of rape or something, then that becomes his choice.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

He is a young man. He has time to improve as a person as well as a player.

Besides, MJ23 was the world's gigantic- y butthole, so...

10. split41

split41 Member

Yeah, I saw this tweet too, vague. Can anyone shed any light on this? What's this tweet all about, is Harden just being like a bad facebook poster?

11. joesr

joesr Member

Hurry trade him for a sorry ass polite guy!!

12. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

I wonder after this non-story came out whether the said waitress still has a job. I mean, if Harden was at her table, isn't it too easy to track down who bad-mouthed a customer like that?

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

No, screaming at your teammates too often, no matter how good you are on the court or nice off it, does that.

14. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I saw Slim Thug at the Galleria on Christmas Eve. I wasn't sure it was him at first. He's at least 6'6".

[​IMG]

Sorry about the blurry pic (not shot with a potato), but I felt like enough of a jackass taking that one as I walked by. I also had the chance to see him back when Houston was on top of the rap game and he was a lot more famous. He was watching a movie in North Houston. My friend who worked at the theater told me which movie he was in and that he could take me there. I told him no, because he was watching a movie. I kinda didn't believe him until I saw the same exact Benz in the parking lot that he showed off on MTV Cribs like one month prior to that with the same rims/screens.

15. Raiden87

Raiden87 Member

why do nba players like the cheesecake factory so much hope he dont get overweight like jordan hill

16. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

saw him at the galleria with his possy, didnt get to talk to him, but i felt the same exact thing. I have met many players rockets and texans and can tell the nice ones (Arian Foster, Brian Cushing, Asik who i met at a mosque and actually a couple of hours ago at Nikko Nikkos) from those who are intimidating to go up to cause u know your gonna get shat on. Hardin has that ******* huge ego jerk walk, but i love him as the player so he's still my favorite player lol

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Oh man, one of these guys posted about a Yao sighting, and reading his post you find out he and his friends followed Yao home--you know, following his car in their car, after a game I think--all the way to his house. There were pictures in his garage, Yao's mom came out. Yao appeared to be like "Would you guys please get the f* out of here?" but he was polite enough.

18. CCM721

CCM721 Member

I feel like it'd be hard to ask for photograph protection without coming off as though you have a big ego.

19. theaesirsfinest

Personally, I don't care about a player's personality (unless it's really, really bad...or good) nearly as much as I care about that player's on-court production.

20. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member