1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden overtrained

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Aug 1, 2014.

1. tr3yzle

tr3yzle Member

we talkin bout practice?

2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I remember the good old days. A lot of this stuff nowadays is just filth typed out on a keyboard.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You can probably count on one hand the amount t of guys who carried a heavier load than Harden the past two years. Please GTFO with this ****.

Every
    Superstar
    Rests
    On
    Defense

1 person likes this.
  4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Agreed with this, if I joke around I generally like to keep that in the hangout. The GARM is still recovering from the LOF disease right now & Carl & his wannabe minions seem to be set on filling that void that the LOFs left.

It's irritating, I really don't consider myself a very religious person but we are blessed to have a player like Harden, we could very well be the Pistons or Nets right now. It truly is grade A unsatisfied assholes that pollute the GARM. It doesn't help that some of these posters are reputable, stop repping idiocy just because you believe it's "amusing" idiocy.

5. chandlerbang21

Needs to take ballet or tap in off season. Learn to move those feet on defense

6. Karolik

Karolik Member

Harden
    is
    the
    worst
    superstar
    on
    defense

7. Mr Chuck Norris

Curry/Lillard (oh wait you said superstar)
    Is
    Worse
    Than
    Him

Hopefully, harden actually gets rest this year. Even with this endurance training.

8. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

love from what I've seen/heard from Dwight and Harden so far this offseason. They are right, it's all on them. Looks like they understand that and are willing to do what it takes to reach that next level.

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This is a silly post.

Every superstar rests on defense: meaningless statement.

Here's another meaningless statement: most players in the NBA rest on defense at times.

While every superstar in the league rests on defense, no one rests as much as Harden. He is not working that much harder on offense than the top offensive players in the league to justify being in the a**hole tier of defenders. For the kind of defense he played last season, we should be getting Kevin Durant numbers on offense. And Durant still plays better defense than Harden.

There's absolutely no reason Harden can't strive to carry the heaviest load in the league as long as it doesn't damage his health. Hence, the suggestion to cut down his minutes.

Paul George has to work like crazy to get shots as the primary scorer on his team and still plays good defense. When he can, he plays great defense too.

It's really not that unrealistic to ask Harden to be a better defender. Not a great defender. But just give average effort and attention on the defensive end. It doesn't really require that much more effort to keep his eyes on his man rather than watch the opposing team's PG and let his man slip by for an easy shot. At this point, just repeating the phrase "don't take your eye off your man" could save us 1-2 points a game, and that's huge for a 4th seed.

10. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

why haren still look fat?

11. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

He plays almost 40 minutes per game... he's definitely in good shape. Some of these people that make the "out of shape" comments have never set foot in a gym and have no idea what they're talking about.

12. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

i agree. most of his bad defense being displayed is from getting unfocused/ball watching.

lot of back door cuts

13. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Fixed

14. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Agree with your main point, but to be honest it's probably no so bad being a Pistons or Nets fan right now. Pistons have Andre Drummond wo shows A LOT of promise, and although the Nets may be considered a 'joke' to some people, they're still going to be a player in the East this upcoming season. They're going to have a real coach in Hollins and plus they're getting Brook Lopez back. Although it's unlikely they win the championship they have the tools to make it to the ECF and possibly a finals appearance.

15. SamFisher

Really? Kevin Love? Ste Curry?

16. SamFisher

Yeah I sure wish Harden was more like Paul George. You typed this while he had a bone sticking out of his leg. Running back on d in a meaningless game

Hey Zeppelin travel was overlooked!

If anybody actually wants Harden to be more like Paul George, a even not counting his injury, you should just stop talking - that argument was decisively settled last year when the clock struck midnight on on George s brief Lin sanity period on offense around January. .

George is a good defensive player and desperately miscast as a franchise level offensive player. Full Stop.

Iff you want to get up on the b**** box and start dogging a highly paid player to pattern hos game after Paul George, you're on the wrong spot.

Chandler Parsons signed with Dallas, and the NBA dish is over there.

#36 SamFisher, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  17. PooleBoi7

PooleBoi7 Member

you mad bro?

18. Nivos

Nivos Member

I don't think Harden is that bad a defender and for sure there are not many stars, including the beloved kevin love, that could carry a young team to the western conference playoffs like he did.
    The problem with Harden defense wasn't his lack of fitness but lack of awareness- that's on the coaches in my eyes

19. baubo

baubo Member

RAPM(the original one and not the weirdly twisted one by ESPN) has consistently put Harden as among the worst defenders in the NBA. Yes, even worse than Love and Curry. Even by superstar who slacks off on defense standard, Harden's defense is bad.

I do believe, however, that Harden's defense would look better with Ariza instead of Parsons. Parsons' defense has dropped off considerably the past two seasons. I can imagine Harden looking much better on D if Ariza is as good on D as Morey says he is.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Isn't this the type of training MMA fighters use for conditioning

On another note, Harden looks strong as hell, as people said he's probably the strongest guy for his size in the NBA.