1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden needs to embrace lettuce

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KingCheetah, Feb 16, 2017.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I live in Dallas, which is worse

DonKnock and KingCheetah like this.
  2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

lol you been there your whole life? If I was from Dallas I would get behind Dak instead of getting behind Carr. I just always been loyal to hometown sports no matter what. I'm in Austin but born in raised in houston for the first 19 years of my life so I will always be a hometown houston fan. I got a lot of friends from dallas here in austin so I don't embrace the dallas hate as much as most on this board. I root for rockets/texans/astros but I don't root against mavericks/cowboys/rangers. I think its wasted energy and kind of stupid honestly.

In fact from my experience houston fans talk about dallas sports a lot more than dallas fans talk about houston sports. I don't know why but Texans fans embrace hating the Cowboys so much when most of the Cowboys fans I know don't even talk about the Texans.

I'm houston or GTFO. I don't spend time/energy rooting against dallas.

Do you have any roots in the bay area or is Carr just a cool bloke to ya

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

As far as this particular topic goes, it's not a mystery.

The Cowboys are known as "America's team" and have a wide reaching bandwagon. I live near Salt Lake City and there are Cowboys stickers on cars all over, here. Kind of like Yankees baseball caps. People are going to get annoyed by that.

The Texans, meanwhile, are an upstart expansion team still trying to find their identity. They haven't given anyone a reason to care about them, yet.

As far as basketball goes, the Rockets and Mavericks have both had decent teams over the last 20 years, and one very, very bitter playoff series that involved owners becoming involved with refereeing. You bet the losers are going to remember that a lot more than the winners!

You remind me of a friend of mine who grew up with me as a Houston die-hard and now lives in the Bay Area embracing the Warriors. I envy your ability to avoid rivalry, but it can also be fun.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  4. Daddy Long Legs

I like a lot of your points except for me embracing the warriors if I lived in the Bay Area. No matter what Houston is my hometown and my nostalgic memories are bonded to houston. I actually had a California vacation a couple months ago and met a rockets fan in the bay area and we talked about this. He's still a diehard rockets fan repping in the bay area. I would be that same way if work ever moved me to california.

I'm a diehard houston fan. No matter where I live in life I will always rep rockets/texans/astros or GTFO.

I just think it looks like a little bit of a little brother syndrome and sour grapes when you are so aware of what other teams are doing and they aren't as aware of what you are doing.

5. eman

eman Contributing Member

Can't wrap my head 'round dis lettuce thread... It's the most mysterious thread since that time some OP wrote: "penis"

KingCheetah likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

stay out of the DISH, then, with that Kyrie Irving Flat-Earth Truther thread.

eman likes this.
  7. Daddy Long Legs

I did it. I see people make mock copycat threads all the time. I hope I receive the same treatment on my mock copycat thread.

it it gets locked and receives a ton of hate than people are hypocrites and it proves that anything goes here if you have tenure lmao

If it is allowed to stay up than I'll be really happy and proud of this community. I'm just looking for consistency

8. Vivid

Vivid Member

Didn't feel like this needed it's own thread... but SOURCES confirm Harden did not embrace McKale.

[​IMG]

9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

McKALE . . . Brilliant.

DD

10. Vivid

Vivid Member

I been calling Harden needing to embrace lettuce.

ABS

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What a post! I feel like I need to pay commission..

BigShasta likes this.
  12. Daddy Long Legs

multiple sauces confirm. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BigShasta likes this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Let us rejoice in this great trade for Lou as predicted by the Great Minds and of course The Archive.

14. Daddy Long Legs

This thread was always forecasting the lou williams trade I see.

The spinach thread is forecasting the upcoming lebron james thread this thursday. SPLASH.

It is predicted by the Phalanx Covenant and the Borg Collective

DonKnock likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Let Us appreciate this trade in all its glory as was predicted.

16. Daddy Long Legs

workin hard to keep da lettuce thread alive i see.

Spinach > lettuce

DonKnock likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

To break what somebody here described as the 'f5 season' tension, I went looking for the lettuce thread. I was dismayed that it had sunk down to the second page, clutchfans must be really serious about basketball rumors, trades, and upgrades right now. So I just thought I'd restore a little of the proper balance back to the first page, if only for a moment. ;)

btw, is there a game tonight??

18. Daddy Long Legs

We all owe you a tremendous debt of gratitude. You bleed truth and authenticity . Clutchfans is lucky to have this prophet.

I used to think @KingCheetah was the clutchfans messiah until I realized he is always in character and puttin up a front. He has a schtick and hes stickin to it. He and his talk of the archive and great minds is empty false prophet nonsense.

All hail this savior of clutchfans

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

James Harden is the Candyman. Our reach extends all the way to Columbia, South Carolina.

[​IMG]

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

That Lou Williams trade was one of the more unsorted trades I've ever seen.

KingCheetah likes this.