1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden named Western Conference player of the week

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mr. 13 in 33, Nov 5, 2012.

1. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

hehe that's what I do bro...:grin:

but seriously, imagine your watching MJ in his first 2-3 years, would you say for him then, 'he will be considered the best basketball player ever?'

btw in your humble opinion, what one should do to become better than MJ or to at least raise up to his level?

Collect certain number of titles, play certain way and similar...

2. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

By the end of this season, I expect a "Deliver Me" Video for this guy JAMES HARDEN

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

look at all the ****s he gives!

[​IMG]

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm going to preface my statement by saying that I think there is about 0.00000000000005% chance James Harden surpasses Michael Jordan as the GOAT (just simply because anything is technically possible).

In my opinion....for one to pass Jordan in the all time ranks, 6 championships must be won at least. I also think that in these championship series, one must never lose an NBA finals series. Jordan was a perfect 6 of 6 in the Finals. This is what really hurts Lebron's chances in my mind.

I also believe that one must contend for multiple Defensive POY's. Jordan was one of the best 2 way players in the league, and the GOAT must be that.

I also believe that one must win at least 7-8 scoring titles. Jordan won 10, but scoring isn't everything, so matching his mark isn't completely necessary.

I also believe that one must win at least 4-5 MVP awards. To go along with the Finals part, one must be the Finals MVP in each of his championship runs.

I also believe that one must ultimately be an all around great player. One must excel in scoring, rebounding, assists, steals, etc. Obviously I don't expect a PG or SG to grab 10 boards a game or block 3 shots a game, or a PF or C to dish out 10 assists a game, but one must truly excel in each category and be towards the top of each category for his position. Jordan accomplished this many times.

Now....not all of this is 100 percent necessary. Obviously it's a fluid situation. But these are the basic necessities I think are relevant to becoming the GOAT