1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden named to All-NBA First Team; Howard Second Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 4, 2014.

1. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Did you like the first round and that Lillard game winner?
    Be ready to see more of that if he continues to be a bum. He's clutch but frustrating.

2. nepopop

nepopop Member

Actually he was saying that he voted Harden for the 1st team because other elite guards missed time with injuries. Harden on other hand missed only 9 so, he got voted.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

True. McHale did not make the all-coaching team.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

McHale is not fit enough to coach a recreational basketball team let alone be the head coach of a championship aspiring team.....

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I remember when Dirk had the same knock and he got bounced by an 8th seed.

6. TheJet

TheJet Member

Another bum? :rolleyes:

I can't stand Dirk but dude has nasty game. Criticism AND credit where they're due.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So the only reason why he got Lowe's vote was because he was theoretically the healthiest shooting guard? Again, what other elite shooting guards other than Kobe missed major time? Dwyane Wade? Monta Ellis?

Harden led all shooting guards in assists per game
    Harden led all shooting guards in points per game
    Harden was 4th in rebounding among shooting guards
    Harden was 7th in FG% among shooting guards
    Harden tied for 2nd in FT% among shooting guards
    Harden was 4th in steals per game among shooting guards
    Harden wad 3rd in minutes per game among shooting guards

If it sounds like I'm attacking you, I apologize, but I still find Lowe's reasoning to be like a backhanded compliment. No one forced you to vote for Harden if the only criteria that determined your vote was health.

If anything, he could have voted for Curry and that could have pushed him ahead of Harden for 1st team as the votes between the two players were pretty close.

1 person likes this.
  8. blackistan

blackistan Member

100% agreed

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>.<a href="https://twitter.com/JHarden13">@JHarden13</a> on going from 6th man to the All-NBA 1st team: It's a great individual honor, my teammates and coaches get a lot of the credit.</p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/statuses/474280545728212992">June 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;It's a blessing to be named 1st Team All-NBA…I still have a long way to go to get better.&quot; - <a href="https://twitter.com/JHarden13">@JHarden13</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/statuses/474281192666046464">June 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Couldn't have been Harden who said that. I have been told for a while now that the selfish Harden does not give anyone else credit.

11. Akim523

Akim523 Member

What a joke, Howard deserves to be in the first team... Harden? not so much

12. vator

vator Contributing Member

So people like to base a regular season award on the grounds of a 1st round flameout huh? I was disappointed too, but some of you have zero perspective. Harden was the best shooting guard in the NBA this year. Deal with it.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

James is the only shooting guard on this list.
    Really surprised Wade didn't make it.

14. Rox11

Rox11 Member

That says something about the lack of talent in that position then. If a uninterested best guard who does not want to play defense and has terrible body language is number one then i am sorry for the league.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You can fix lack of effort, you can't fix lack of talent.
    I'm hard on Harden too, but this is ridiculous.

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Hardens averages in points/rebounds/assists accompanied by a TS% over .600 has been accomplished by only 3 other players in NBA history.

Jordan, Bird and Lebron.

It really is terrible for the league that there is someone hitting the statistical bench marks of some the greatest players ever.

1 person likes this.
  17. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Good job Harden. Now work on your defense.

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

On the other hand, it says a lot about a player when he sorely lacks something on one end of the court to make 1st team All-NBA and placed 5th in MVP voting after only TWO seasons as a STARTER.

Harden's defense is atrocious but it's not like Steven Nash, Dirk Nowitzki, Amare Stoudemire, Chris Webber, Mark Price, Chris Mullin, etc. were all-world defenders when they made 1st team All-NBA.

19. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Congratulations to James Harden, your NBA ALL TEAM ALL STAR !

Wow !

Mister Howard deserves to be the 1st team starter.

James, we wouldn't ride you so hard on defense if we didn't KNOW you could be 1st team there also.

Go Rockets !

20. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Pretty good point. Although there is a difference between being bad and trying and not trying at all.

And statistics don't mean jack if you can't get you're team out of the first round.